738+ Best Doctors for Otoplasty in Delhi
Best Doctors for Otoplasty in Delhi
Patient reviews for Doctors for Otoplasty in Delhi
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of doctor is best for otoplasty?
The best doctors for otoplasty are called plastic surgeons.Otoplasty is a surgery of the ear or cosmetic surgery of the ear. The outer part or visible part of the ear has a Medical term called auricle. This auricle is made up of cartilage. Ear formation takes place before birth but also grows in size after birth. There are many people whose ear has not grown properly or got injured in any accident or it is not in proper shape, size, structure so some people want to change it for a more beautiful way.Types of otoplasty-
- Augmentation otoplasty: here people who have small ears or not in good shape and they want to change their size. Doctors go for this type of surgery.
- Pinning otoplasty: this is done to people whose ear has moved away from the head.
- Reduction otoplasty: people who have larger ears, this condition is called macrotia. Doctors go for this surgery to reduce the ear size.
Should I go to the doctor for otoplasty in Delhi?
Yes you can go to the doctors in Delhi for otoplasty. Having a damaged ear doesn't look nice to people or you may feel under confidence. Structural change might be disturbing in hearing the sound, so you should go for surgery.
How to find the best doctor for otoplasty in Delhi?
There are many ways to find doctors in Delhi-
- You can search for required doctors and its information on lybrate.com. Here you can chat with a clinic or hospital for more information required.
- You can have the information by inquiring about it to friends or patients who have gone into this surgery.
When to consult a doctor for otoplasty?
We should mind some points before consult a doctor for otoplasty-
- See if the ear is protruding from the head.
- See if the ear is larger or smaller than normal size.
- See if you have an abnormal shape of ear due to any injury, or a structural issue from birth.
What is the best age for otoplasty?
The best age for otoplasty is 5 years old and above. At 5 years old the ear has grown to maximum. Older people may have problems in recovery. People who are smokers have less blood flow in the ear area.
Does otoplasty hurt?
- The general (in some case) anesthesia or local anesthesia is given to patients, so there is no hurt or pain during surgery.
- After surgery there may be some bleeding and pain for which the doctor gives us the medicine to get rid of pain.
Do I have to wear a headband after otoplasty?
Yes you have to wear the headband after the surgery. Dressing or headband should be clean or dry so that there is no infection growth at the ear. Headbands keep the shape of the ear as doctors want and mostly for dust and other particles to not enter at ear.
Why should you consult a doctor for otoplasty?
We should consult a doctor to know the pros and cons of the surgery. We should visit lybrate.com to select the best plastic surgeon for the surgery. We should tell them about any previous surgery. We should tell them about medication taken and why we are taking it? The ear problem is seen and it is compared with normal ear structure. We should ask about after surgery and recovery procedures about pain, headband and it's side effects like bleeding, pain, irritation in the ear. We should also consult because ears that are not in shape have pressure on us. We find ourselves guilty for not having a good ear. So we should reach the doctor at the right age and time.
What is the cost of otoplasty in Delhi?
The cost of otoplasty depends on many factors and in Delhi it ranges between INR 52500 to 157000.