2135+ Best Doctors for Nerve And Muscle Disorders in Delhi
Best Doctors for Nerve And Muscle Disorders in Delhi
Patient reviews for Doctors for Nerve And Muscle Disorders in Delhi
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of doctor is best for nerve and muscle disorders?
Specialists who can treat muscle pain, depending on its cause, include:
- Doctors of physical medicine or rehabilitation are also referred to as physiatrists.
- Medical professionals (MDs) who specialize in orthopedics and are trained to treat musculoskeletal conditions, particularly surgically
- Neurologists are physicians with training in brain disorders and diseases, some of which can result in muscle pain.
- Osteopathic physicians, who have additional training in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system and who will have "DO" after their names rather than "MD,"
- Rheumatologists are doctors who frequently treat autoimmune diseases or other systemic conditions.
- Physicians with knowledge of pain management and pain medicine specialists
- Chiropractors and acupuncturists are examples of alternative medicine practitioners who specialize in treating back pain.
What are the treatments for nerve and muscle disorders?
Medications might consist of:
- To ease stiffness, cramping, and muscle aches
- To treat nerve impulses and muscle strength
- If autoimmune conditions are the cause of a disorder, immunosuppressants
- Using high doses of immunoglobulin to develop antibodies
- Physical therapy to improve motor skills and muscle tone
- Occupational therapy to discover new approaches to carrying out daily activities and conserving energy
- Surgery to remove the thymus in cases of myasthenia gravis or to relieve pressure on the nerves in cases of neuropathy
Should I go to the doctor for nerve and muscle disorders in Delhi?
If you experience any of these symptoms in addition to your muscle pain, experts advise that you seek immediate medical attention at the hospital:
- Breathing difficulties (shortness of breath)
- Having trouble swallowing
- A sudden increase in weight, water retention, or decreased urination
- a severe loss of muscle tone or paralysis in any body part
- A feverish cough and a stiff neck
How to find the best doctor for nerve and muscle disorders treatment in Delhi?
At Lybrate, you can find Delhi's top medical professional for treating nerve and muscle disorders.
What is the fastest way to treat nerve and muscle disorders?
- For 24 to 72 hours following an injury, ice the injured area for about 20 minutes at a time with an ice pack or bag of frozen peas. (Thereafter, if necessary, use a heating pad.)
- Compression (applying an elastic or compression bandage wrap to the area can reduce pain and swelling)
- Elevation reduces swelling by raising the affected area, ideally above your heart when you're lying down.
When should I consult a doctor for nerve and muscle disorders?
Muscle weakness and exhaustion are the long-term effects of these disorders. While the symptoms of some neuromuscular disorders first show up in children, those of others may not show up until later in life, even in adults. The following are some signs and symptoms of neuromuscular disorders:
- Aches and pains, cramps, and twitching due to muscle weakness
- Muscle loss
- Movement problems
- Balance issues
- Feelings of numbness, tingling, or pain
- Droopy eyelids
- Double vision
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty breathing
Why should you consult a doctor for nerve and muscle disorders?
These causes of muscle pain affect particular muscle groups or geographical regions of the body. For instance, if you're anxious enough, your neck muscles might tense up and become painful and stiff. You can overuse a group of muscles through repetitive motions or a burst of activity, leading to sore shoulders after a particularly strenuous yard work session, for example. You could trip and hurt your legs in the process.
What questions should I ask my doctor if I am suffering from nerve and muscle disorders?
- Do blood tests reveal nerve damage?
- What indications of nerve damage are there?
- Can an MRI detect nerve damage?
- How do medical professionals test for nerve damage?
- What kind of test reveals nerve damage?
What is the cost of treatment for nerve and muscle disorders in Delhi?
Treatment for nerve and muscle disorders in Delhi is estimated to cost between INR 1.07 and INR 1.37 billion annually.
What diseases are associated with nerve and muscle disorders?
These are some examples of neuromuscular disorders:
- ALS, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disorder
- Multiple sclerosis
- Dystrophic muscle
- Chronic myasthenia
- Myositides, such as dermatomyositis and polymyositis
- Neuralgia in the periphery
- Spinal muscular atrophy
What are the 3 main diseases that affect the muscles?
- The Duchenne type makes up the majority of childhood cases of muscular dystrophy. Only in boys does it begin in very early childhood, and it advances quickly. By the time they turn 12 most children are unable to walk and require a respirator to breathe.
- Despite having a much slower progression and being less common, Becker's muscular dystrophy is very similar to Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Boys are affected, and diagnosis typically occurs between the ages of 11 and 25.
- There are more than 30 different types of congenital muscular dystrophies, which affect both boys and girls. The ailment might be present at birth or manifest itself before the age of two.
Can a blood tests detect muscle damage?
Yes, If you have elevated levels of muscle enzymes, which could be a sign of damaged muscles, your doctor will be notified by a blood test. Additionally, a blood test can identify specific autoantibodies linked to various polymyositis symptoms, which can aid in selecting the most appropriate drug and course of treatment.