Doctors for Kidney Stone Treatment in Delhi
Don't let kidney stones disrupt your life. Seek relief from urinary obstruction and intense pain. Call us now!
351+ Best Doctors for Kidney Stone Treatment in Delhi
Best Doctors for Kidney Stone Treatment in Delhi
Patient reviews for Doctors for Kidney Stone Treatment in Delhi
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of doctor is best for Kidney Stones surgery?
A Urologist is the best specialist doctor to treat Kidney Stones.
- The male reproductive system and urinary tract are the focus of urologists' expertise in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of these disorders.
- They are specially trained to diagnose and treat various problems associated with the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
How to find the best doctor for Kidney Stones treatment in Delhi?
You can contact Lybrate if you are looking for one of the best surgeons or physicians in your area. Lybrate is an online platform that connects patients with experienced doctors and provides a convenient, secure, and reliable way to find the best healthcare providers near you.
What is the main cause of Kidney Stones?
The main causes that could lead to kidney stones developing are as follows:
- Dehydration: Kidney stones can form as a result of inadequate hydration.
- Diet: Kidney stone production may be sped up by a diet high in salt, sugar, and animal proteins.
- Genetics: A person's likelihood of acquiring kidney stones may be increased if there is a history of the condition in their family.
- Medical conditions: There are a number of medical diseases, such as hyperparathyroidism, that have been linked to an increased likelihood of developing kidney stones.
- Medications: Kidney stone development is thought to be more likely in those who take certain medications, such as diuretics.
Are Kidney Stones serious?
There is a spectrum of severity when it comes to kidney stones, ranging from minor to severe:
- Mild kidney stones may cause no symptoms and can be managed without intervention.
- Severe kidney stones can cause severe pain, difficulty urinating, fever, and nausea. They may require medical treatment, such as shock wave lithotripsy, to break down the stones, or surgery to remove them.
- In some cases, kidney stones may cause blockages, which can lead to infection, kidney damage, and even kidney failure.
What is the fastest way to treat Kidney Stones in Delhi?
A person's overall health and the specifics of their kidney stone will determine how quickly the stone can be treated. The following are some of the possible treatments for kidney stones:
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL): According to the size and placement of the stone, patients may require numerous sessions of ESWL, which usually last 45 to 60 minutes.
- Ureteroscopy: Patients can normally return home the same day after having a ureteroscopy, which usually lasts 30 to 60 minutes.
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): PCNL may be recommended for larger stones, and the procedure typically takes 1 to 2 hours, with a hospital stay of 1 to 2 days.
After these treatments, recovery times might vary, but most patients are able to return to their regular activities within a few days to a week.
When to consult a doctor for Kidney Stones treatment in Delhi?
You should schedule a visit with a doctor right away if you have any symptoms that might indicate kidney stones.
Symptoms may include the following:
- The pain of a severe kind in the abdominal region or the lower back.
- Vomiting sensation
- Blood in the urine.
Your doctor can diagnose the illness and advise you on the best course of action.
What questions should I ask my doctor if I am suffering from Kidney Stones?
The doctor may be questioned about kidney stones in the following ways:
- What signs should I look out for to recognize kidney stones?
- What treatments are available for kidney stones?
- How can I prevent kidney stones with lifestyle changes?
- Do I need to undergo any tests to determine the cause of my kidney stones?
- How can I prevent kidney stones from forming in the future?
- Can I minimize or decrease the symptoms of a kidney stone with any home remedies?
- What medications can I take to reduce the size of my kidney stones?
- Is kidney stone removal surgery a viable option for me?
- Do I need to adhere to any dietary restrictions to safeguard my kidneys?
- Are there any possible hazards involved in treating kidney stones?
Is Kidney Stones surgery painful?
Yes, Kidney Stones surgery can be painful. Both the removal of kidney stones and the pain they can cause are terrible. If a large stone is present, it may need to be broken into smaller pieces before it can be removed. In addition, the area may be numbed and a local anesthetic may be used, though the procedure can still be painful.
Is surgery safe for Kidney Stones?
All surgeries carry some risks, and that includes surgery for Kidney Stones. Nonetheless, when carried out by a qualified and experienced surgeon, it is typically regarded as safe. Although they are often uncommon, complications are possible.
Possible complications may include:
- Damage to the surrounding organs.
What is the cost of Kidney Stones Surgery in Delhi?
The cost of kidney stones surgery in Delhi can vary depending on several factors, including the type of surgery, the hospital or clinic where the surgery is performed, and the patient's individual medical needs. In general, the cost of kidney stone surgery in Delhi can range from around Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 2 lakhs or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
- The price of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, often known as ESWL, can range anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 Indian rupees (Rs.).
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) may cost between Rs. 1 to 2 lakhs or more.
What happens if Kidney Stones are left untreated?
Here are some potential problems that could arise if kidney stones are not treated:
- Untreated kidney stones may result in pain in the back, side, lower abdominal, and groin.
- Over time, it can increase the size of the stones, causing more severe pain such as severe cramps, severe abdominal pain, and nausea.
- It can also cause an obstruction of the urinary tract, leading to difficulty passing urine and a need for more frequent urination.
- In certain cases, if left untreated, the stones can travel to other organs and cause obstructions and infections.
- Finally, severe kidney stones can cause kidney damage, organ failure, and even death.