Tummy Tuck Surgery - Abdominoplasty!
Abdominoplasty, also known as “tummy tuck” is a surgical procedure aimed at removing excessive skin from the abdomen. This surgery removes the extra fat and skin, thus making the abdomen flatter, resulting in tighter muscles near the walls or border of your abdomen. You should consult a doctor and strictly follow prescribed procedures before and after the surgical process. It must not be confused with liposuction i.e. the cosmetic surgery which removes excessive fat deposits in the body.
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is beneficial to you,
- If you possess good physical health.
- If you are a non-smoker or have recently quit smoking.
- If you have a stable health and realistic expectations about the outcome of the surgery.
- If you have been pregnant previously and now need to lose weight and fat deposits.
The surgery is not suitable for the following cases:
- If you are planning to get pregnant, then it is recommended to perform the surgery after delivery. This is due to the fact that your muscles can be stretched again after the surgery.
- If the appearance of scars after tummy tuck is a problem, consult your doctor about the scar replacement procedure.
- If you still smoke or are absolutely unable to quit.
There are two procedures of tummy tuck. These are decided by the surgeon during your consultation and some pre-surgery medical tests. The procedures are: a) Complete Abdominoplasty and b) Partial or mini abdominoplasty.
In Complete Abdominoplasty, the surgeon cuts the abdomen from hipbone to hipbone and your skin, tissue, and muscle will be operated. In the case of partial or mini abdominoplasty procedure, the fat deposits are usually located below the navel region and the surgeon may not move your belly button. The entire procedure may take around two to three hours.
Proper nutrition and healthy meals are required for this surgery. You must follow a balanced diet and focus on post-operative care.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a Plastic Surgeon in Bangalore & get answers to your questions!