Dr. Satish Sawale
91% (1923 ratings)
Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine & Surgery (BAMS), PG Dip Panchakarma, PG Dip Ksharsutra For Piles, Pilonidal, Sinus & Fistula Management, Post Graduate Diploma In Hospital Administration (PGDHA), Certificate In Diabetes Update
Ayurveda, Nerul - W Navi Mumbai
20 years experience
The skin is the first organ, which shows the signs of ageing. Whether it is wrinkles or stretch marks the first signs will be shown on the skin. Stretch marks are not only the cause of ageing, but also form due to obesity, sudden increase in height, sudden weight loss or gain, etc. You might often think of how to get rid of these marks as they aren't attractive and make the skin look old.
Here are a few ayurvedic remedies to get rid of stretch marks:
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a wonderful type of cleanser and moisturizer. Olive oil cures the damaged collagen of the skin. It also helps to increase the blood flow to the surface of the skin.
- Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter can be used as a moisturizer. It helps to improve the elasticity of the skin. By hydrating the skin, it also improves the appearance of the skin. Besides cocoa butter, you can also use almond oil, vitamin E oil and lavender oil.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe Vera has a variety of uses for the body. In the case of stretch marks, aloe vera gel helps lighten the stretch marks. This will eventually result in complete disappearance of the stretch marks.
- Sesame oil: Mix Sesame oil with pure olive and almond oil and massage it gently over stretch marks area, this will help lighten the marks on skin.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood helps the skin to cool down. It also improves the elasticity of the skin.
- Potato juice: Potato juice contains a lot of antioxidants, which help to soothe the skin and remove stretch marks.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa has a huge amount of vitamin K, vitamin E and amino acids. These help in curing damaged collagen in the skin which is the prime cause of stretch marks.
- Castor oil: Castor oil helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production. It also helps the damaged tissues regain their original shape. It also helps the skin to return to its original position after suffering from stretching.
Apart from the above mentioned oils, regular yoga asanas, stretching exercises, nutritious diet, and a wholesome meal is a must for your skin nourishment.