The raw food diet has gained traction over the last few years and a growing number of people are trying this diet. The raw food diet has great fitness benefits as it includes eating unprocessed, unfrozen food. The raw food consumed as part of this diet is never exposed to a temperature greater than 115 degrees. While the diet requires a great amount of motivation to continue, it yields great results over the long term.
Here is a list of benefits that could be obtained from consuming raw foods:
- Increase in the consumption of fruit: The whole raw food regime consists of consuming lots of fruits. Fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals and a lot of vital nutrients that are essential for the body. It keeps the body energized, helps in digestion, replenishes the body and controls the appetite. Being rich in fiber, fruits can help in weight loss and regularize bowel movement.
- Increase the consumption of vegetables: Vegetables provide low protein and loads of minerals to the diet. Leafy green vegetables such as spinach, kale, carrots, beans etc. can aid muscle growth and repair. Raw food in the form of vegetables can ensure adequate nutrients for the body.
- Balancing nutrition: Contrary to common belief, the raw food diet has the exact quantity of carbohydrate, protein, and fat that accounts for a healthy and balanced diet. There are ample choices available to balance the nutrition in each category. Raw vegetables can make the body feel light and clean.
- Simple carbohydrates: The raw diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based foods can be easily broken down and digested by the body. This helps the digestive system to work effortlessly. Consumption of processed foods, on the other hand, takes a lot of effort by the body to break down into simpler particles.
- Good for heart: The raw food diet is extremely beneficial for the heart. Owing to its low-sodium, low-cholesterol content, raw food can reduce the risk of a person contracting complicated cardiovascular diseases. It also allows the heart to pump normally and spread oxygen equally to every part of the body.
- Retain vitamins: Most food items lose their vitamins once they are heated, frozen or cooked. Raw food, on the other hand, can keep the vitamin content intact and deliver the exact quantity of vitamins to the body.
- Don't have to measure calories: This is perhaps the best part of the raw food diet. As long as the diet is raw, a person can have as much food as he wants. Calorie counting is something that one need not worry about when it comes to the raw food diet. Furthermore, the body can easily digest it too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!