A dysfunction which hampers the physical intimacy of a man with his partner, which is often caused due to both psychological and physiological reasons is commonly known as premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation of psychological origin can be treated easily if identified with the exact cause as this may differ from one individual to other with their personal past experience.
Premature ejaculation is classified into two types based upon the occurrence
1. There is wide variety reasons behind premature ejaculation in a man and this varies from one individual to the other. The most common cause in adolescence is fear. They might attempt to complete the masturbation before they get caught from their parents, friends or elders. Frequent attempts of such masturbation become a habit in later life and lead to premature ejaculation.
2. The most common cause for adults and men above the age of 50 – 60 is the systemic diseases like diabetes mellitus, hypertension and neurological disorders. This affects the control of ejaculation and makes the male even impotent. Smoking is also another cause for this premature ejaculation
3. Stress and anxiety can also lead to premature ejaculation. Performance anxiety or previous bitter experience of sex may also affect the present event of sex and that anxiousness may lead to the development of premature ejaculation.
4. Usage of drugs both narcotic or even therapeutic drugs may lead to the development of premature ejaculation.
5. Since premature ejaculation is a common problem that affects the sexual life of both partners there are several remedial measures available to overcome this premature ejaculation. This condition needs much psychological counselling than therapeutic treatment.