An essential prerequisite for good health is having regular bowel movements. People all over the world have a misconception about the regularity of bowel movements. Having bowel movements three times a day or three times a week (if that is the routine) is considered regular.
How Not Pooping Regularly Affects Your Body
Irregularity in bowel movements can often lead to constipation and it is something that should never be ignored. It not only affects our health but also affects our overall being in ways that are unexpected. Let us take a look at some of these unexpected side effects of not pooping regularly in your body:
- Constipation can trigger headaches: The cause of a headache can be many things, but the first likely reason is stress. When you do not poop properly, the pain, inconvenience, and worry will build up, leading to mental stress. This anxiety can trigger headaches. Also, headaches can occur because of dehydration, which is often a result of constipation. By drinking more water, you can get relief from both constipation and headaches. Moreover, the buildup of toxins in the body also causes a headache. regular is a key channel that releases all the toxins from the body and when that does not work, it is bound to cause problems.
- Constipation can cause breakouts: What happens in and out the gut shows up on the skin. Skin conditions like acne, pimple, dark circles, and even rashes can occur due to internal gut and digestive issues. When the toxins are not eliminated regularly from the body, they tend to accumulate over time leading to major skin breakouts.
- Constipation carries risk of anal fissures: Due to hardened stool, there is not enough lubrication and this can lead to a tear of the skin. This is called an anal fissure and the prime symptom of this condition is the presence of blood in your stool. So, if you feel pain or see blood while pooping, you need to contact your healthcare provider and relieve your condition.
- Constipation causes Diverticula or Heamerhoids: Long term constipation can lead to certain ailments that tend to form because of the pressure of straining to pass your poop. You can be affected by diverticula which results in bulges or pouches on the lining of the colon area. Or it can also cause a strain in the veins along with the rectum and lead to
- Constipation affects your Bladder control: The colon and the bladder share a close relationship with each other. If there is too much pressure on the bladder because of a full colon, it can lead to decreased control of the bladder. Your bladder will not fill all the way, empty badly, or cause unexpected leakages. So, chronic constipation can cause apparent leakage problems too.
- Constipation can make you lose appetite: Eating food can be a major turn off for people with constipation. Appetite loss is not just an enjoyable form of hunger suppression, but a big inconvenience.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Update From Lybrate: To keep your Gut Health on track and to avoid constipation and gastric troubles, we suggest you buy Gut Care Products available on Lybrate at affordable prices.