Leucorrhea is a condition where there are inflammation and discharge of the mucous membrane located within the female genital tract. This discharge is referred to as the white discharge. This condition can arise as a result of a pathological reason or because of the unhygienic conditions of the genital organs. The colour and consistency of the discharge can vary from time to time. It can at times be thick and at other times viscid. The type of infection determines the existence or absence of foul smells.
In a normal case, the white discharge can occur prior to or post a woman’s menstruation period. Under Ayurveda, this condition is referred to as ‘Swet pradar’. It is brought on about the aggravation of Kapha Dosha.
Certain telling signs that reveal if you are suffering from Leucorrhea include-
• Itchiness in the genital area
• The appearance of spots on the patient's undergarments
• Revolting smell
• Issues with digestion
• Dark circles under the eyes
Aside from poor hygienic conditions of the intimate area, other reasons which might lead to the occurrence of Leucorrhea include weakness, anaemia, sleeping late night, constipation, metabolic difficulties and chronic amoebiasis.
Ayurvedic Healing Methods-
Ayurvedic medication believes in treating the body, mind and spirit as a whole. It aims at the beginning first with the underlying cause.
• Ayurveda also suggests you maintain a proper diet. The patient suffering from this condition should avoid consuming spicy and fried food. It is also recommended that the patient does not stay on an empty stomach for far too long. Sour food items such as curd and pickles are also not recommended.
• In terms of lifestyle, the patient should ensure to lead a life devoid of any stress or worries. Hygienic measures should be taken at all times.
• Increase your fluid intakes such as soup, water, juice, and even milk. Fluids help to wash out the toxins from the inside.
• Also, ensure to increase the consumption of natural fibre and nutrients in the form of fruits and vegetables.
Leucorrhea in time can severely damage the nutrient plasma that is located within the vaginal tract. Therefore, it is important that this condition is not left untreated. Ayurveda is an effective form of treatment for this condition; completely devoid of side effects.