Peptic ulcers are sores that develop in the lining of the stomach, lower esophagus, or small intestine (the duodenum), usually as a result of inflammation caused by the bacteria H. pylori, as well as from erosion from stomach acids. Peptic ulcers are a fairly common health problem. So here we list some Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers problem. These homeopathy medicines are also helpful in treating different symptoms of peptic ulcers such as vomiting, nausea, burning sensation.
Causes of Peptic Ulcers
- Heredity – Patients with peptic ulcer often have a family history of the disease, this is particularly so with duodenal ulcers which develop below the age of 20 years. The relatives of chronic ulcer patients have three times the expected number of ulcers.
- Helicobacter pylori – This is the most important etiological factor in peptic ulcer disease, accounting for 90% of duodenal ulcers and 70% of gastric ulcers. By causing gastritis it reduces the resistance of the gastric mucosa to attack be acid and pepsin and a gastric ulcer may result.
- Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) – These damages the gastric mucosal barrier and are an important etiological factor in up to 30% of gastric ulcers.
- Smoking – confers an increased risk of gastric ulcer and to a lesser extent duodenal ulcer.
Symptoms of Peptic Ulcers
These are a common problems faced by people suffering from stomach ulcers. But now different homeopathic medicines such as Argentum Nitricum, Nux Vomica, Kali Bichromicum, Lycopodium Clavatum, Carbo Veg, Graphites, and Phosphorus used for stomach ulcer:
- Abdominal pain
- Hunger pain
- Night pain
- Episodic pain/ Periodicity
- Loss of appetite
Homeopathic Treatment For Peptic Ulcers
Homeopathy offers some very good medicines for peptic ulcer disease. But for a homeopath, the symptoms of the disease are much more important than the ulcer itself. This is because to select the right medicine a homeopath needs to differentiate between the finer presentations of a disease which, vary from person to person.
A homeopath not only tries to heal the ulcer but also tries to remove the general predisposition to acquire it. The homeopath not only tries to find ‘What is wrong?’, but also ‘Why it went wrong?’; ‘Where it started going wrong?’; ‘How it evolved to the current stage?’ etc. To find the answers to all these questions, a homeopath tries to gather as much information as possible regarding the past and present medical history of the patient, his/her family history, his/her general physical and psychological characteristics, etc.
This hard work on the part of the homeopath not only helps in removing the acute symptoms and the ulcer but also is usually able to remove the tendency for relapse. The ‘on-again/off-again’ nature of the disease is often removed and the general health of the person also improves as a result.
Homeopathic Medicines for Stomach Ulcers
- Argentum Nitricum One of the best Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers with radiating pains. Argentum Nitricum also used when a person feels symptoms such as vomiting, nausea, and belching along with pain in the stomach.
- Nux Vomica Highly effective among Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers where eating worsens pain. This stomach pain arises due to eating outside food such as fast food or spicy food, alcohol drinks, coffee, tobacco and more for that Nux Vomica homeopathic remedy is this kind of stomach pain.
- Kali Bichromicum: One of the most wonderful Homeopathic medicines for ulcers in the stomach. This remedy helps when a person feels heaviness in the stomach and also some gastricular problems.
- Lycopodium ClavatumOne of the effective Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers with the bloated abdomen is Lycopodium Clavatum. Mostly used when a person feels a burning sensation in the abdomen and bloating. This remedy used to consume with warm water get relief from stomach pain. Do no eat food like cabbage and beans in this condition.
- Carbo Veg: One of the known Homeopathic medicines for peptic ulcers is the Carbo veg. This remedy is useful when a person feels sour belching or heartburn with stomach pain. Some times this pain moves towards the backside of a person.
- Graphites: If a person suffers from vomiting or burning sensation after eating then this homeopathic medicine Graphite used for peptic ulcers.
- Phosphorus Common Homeopathic medicine for peptic ulcers using cold drinks to get relieves pain. People feel burning sensation after eating more, even feel different tastes such as sour and bitter.
Update From Lybrate: To keep your Gut Health on track and to avoid constipation and gastric troubles, We suggest you to Buy Gut Care products available on Lybrate at affordable prices.