The lungs are highly prone to chronic problems. Be it asthma, bronchitis, or COPD, these problems require chronic treatment and the patient is always on alert. Homeopathy believes that these are just symptoms of an underlying, deep-rooted cause, and addressing the root cause can help in the complete cure of symptoms.
Homeopathic Treatment for Chronic Respiratory Diseases
Check out these homeopathic treatments for lung disease. By working on the underlying problem, homeopathy remedies can help in:
- Prevent further damage to the organs, so disease progression is arrested
- Reduce dependency on steroids and bronchodilators, which is very common among most people with chronic respiratory disorders
- Natural and holistic treatment with minimal side effects
It is to be noted that different clinical presentations are treated with different homeopathic remedies, and there are more than 25 compounds that can be used in people with chronic respiratory disorders. The homeopath would choose the right homeopathic medicine depending on the presenting symptoms. Some of the commonly used homeopathic medicines are listed below:
Homeopathic Medicine for Chronic Respiratory Problems
- Bryonia: In people with a dry hacking cough and rusty sputum, this homeopathic medicine. The symptoms are aggravated by any sort of motion and warm temperatures.
- Rumex: In people with dry/stringy cough, which is increased in cold temperatures and by talking, this homeopathic medicine proves useful.
- Kali Bichromicum: Where the patient has yellow, sticky mucous which is worse in the morning, this homeopathic remedy is effective.
- Aconite: This homeopathic remedy is very useful in treating bronchitis, where there is frequent sneezing, restlessness, coryza-like symptoms or excessive perspiration. Its uniqueness is that it prevents the development of full-fledged bronchitis.
- Belladonna: This homeopathic medicine is useful in patients with bronchitis who have a violent fever and distressing cough that is worse with lying down and at night. The coughing spells are dry and short with irregular breathing. There is also fullness in the chest with no pain, though children might cry with this fullness. There is increased drowsiness where patients sometimes doze off into a semiconscious state.
- Sulphur: This homeopathic medicine is very useful in people with chronic bronchitis symptoms, where the patient has significant rales (sounds due to air movement within the bronchi). This is accompanied by mucous that is thick and can contain pus. The patient could also suffer from bouts of suffocation.
- Bacillinum: This homeopathic medicine used for respiration problems faced by people who tend to catch a cold easily. The mucous membranes are highly irritated and the patient feels very congested.
Other useful homeopathic medicines for respiratory problems include Phosphorus, Mercurius, Antimonium tartaricum, Rumex, Pulsatilla, Ipea, Chelidonium, and Sulphur. As noted, with homeopathic compounds, the right compound is determined by multiple factors including the stage at which the infection is at the time of presentation, nature of the cough, type of mucus, aggravating or relieving factors, presence of cold, overall health status, habits, etc.
The homeopathy doctor will identify the right medicine for you after checking these, so you are advised not to self medicate. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
Update From Lybrate: These days it is very hard to breathe fresh air which leads to different types of lung diseases. Keep your lungs healthy by shopping Lung Care Products at Lybrate.