Homeopathic Remedies For Increasing Breastmilk!
A mother’s milk is the best form of nutrition for a baby. A baby should ideally be breastfed for the first six months after birth. However, in some cases, a woman may not be able to produce enough milk to satiate the baby. This can be caused by a number of reasons such as nutritional deficiencies or infrequent feeding. This condition may be referred to as agalactia. Here try to find out how homeopathy can help in increasing milk supply in mother breast.
Homeopathic Remedies to Increase Breast Milk
Homeopathy is often used to increase the production of breast milk. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence is ideal for a new mother. Some of the most recommended homeopathic medicine for increasing mother's milk.
- Pulsatilla: An effective homeopathic remedies prescribed in cases where the flow of milk is completely absent or scanty in mother breast. The mother may also complain of swollen breasts that are painful to touch. She may also suffer from depression and have an urge to cry frequently.
- Ricinus communis: This homeopathic remedy helps increase the production and flow of breast milk in nursing women. This medication is usually prescribed in a low potency for such a condition.
- Galega Officinalis: The name of the homeopathic medicine itself is derived from the word ‘gala’ meaning milk. In low dosage, this medicine can be used to increase the production and flow of breast milk for nursing mothers.
- Ignatia: Ignatia is often prescribed to treat sensitive women who may be experiencing shock or even grief after childbirth. This effective homeopathic medicine helps regulate lactation and increase the flow of breast milk. Such women often express an aversion to cold, tobacco, alcohol, and strong odours.
- Calcarea Phosphorica: A scant production of breast milk accompanied by frequent headaches, heartburn, and rheumatic pain can be treated with homeopathy remedy Calcarea phosphorica. It also helps deal with the shock that may be caused by childbirth. Women who benefit from this medicine often feel worse when exposed to cold or damp conditions.
Along with these homeopathy medicines for increasing breast milk, some changes in how a baby is being fed can also help enhance the production of milk. Allow the baby to nurse for as long as required and do not time the baby’s feeding. When the baby appears to stop feeding, switch him or her to the other breast.
You could also try nursing the baby at night when your prolactin levels are higher. Prolactin is the hormone responsible for milk production. Massaging the breasts with oil can also help increase the production of breast milk. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Update From Lybrate: Buy Baby Nutrition products from Lybrate for the healthy and overall growth and development of your child. These products are 100% Natural and Chemical-free.