Contact Dermatitis and Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis may be caused due to a variety of reasons. While contact dermatitis is a less severe condition that is caused when irritants escape from dirt and pollution to settle on the skin, Eczema refers to the inflammation of the skin due to allergic reactions or a family history of a similar condition.
Contact dermatitis is usually characterised by sores and redness, while contact dermatitis will show up in the form of boil-like eruptions. Homeopathy is one of the best, long term methods for treatment of this condition.
Let us see how this medicinal field can be used:
- Graphites: This medication helps in soothing the oozing that may happen from the boils found in eczema. This is also ideal for eczema patients who are obese or suffering from constipation. It is best suited for skin that has become hard and rough. It can cure the sticky discharge that may come from the pus-filled boils. It can also be used for dermatitis, which can be seen in the folds of the skin and the abdomen.
- Mezereum: This medicine helps when there is a crust like formation due to dermatitis. The substance can also soothe the acute itching sensation, which takes place when there is pus-filled below the dark layer of the crust. This itching usually gets worse at night.
- Hepar Sulphur: This medicine is best for severe cases when there is too much pus involved and about to burst out. It can also treat the deep cracks that may be found on the surface of the skin as well as the acute and intense itching sensation. Also, such severe cases leave the skin feeling sensitive to the slightest breeze or wind, in which case Hepar Sulphur can work well.
- Dulcamara: This medicine is best suited for patients, who live in places where it rains often and heavily. Dermatitis usually increases and becomes even more painful during monsoons and this medicine can help in bringing down the itching which may also cause bleeding on the yellow black crusts.
- Sulphur: When a burning sensation is one of the symptoms of dermatitis, Sulphur can be used. This is also prescribed for other skin ailments and for those who have a hereditary skin condition. This can also be used by patients who have had a relapse in their condition due to damp or cool weather, especially like monsoons, springtime or autumn. It also helps in soothing the symptoms of contact dermatitis which may occur due to contact with new detergent and clothing as well as pollution.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!