The worst part about being diagnosed with chickenpox is that even after the virus leaves your body, your skin is still marked with scars from the blisters. Like any other scar, in most cases, these scars fade with time but this process can be quite slow. Here we find out a way to remove old chickenpox marks. Scars, especially those on your face can also affect your self-confidence and image. Luckily, there are a number of ways to deal with chickenpox scars and fasten the fading process.
Best Ways to Treat Chickenpox Scars
Use these methods to treat Chickenpox Marks or scars. Here we try to know how vitamins, coconut water, baking soda, lemon juice, and aloe vera can help to remove scars marks due to chickenpox diseases.
- Vitamin E Oil for chickenpox scars: Vitamin E not only helps hydrate the skin, but is rich in antioxidants that promote the production of collagen and protect the skin from free radicals and other impurities. Vitamin E can be found in foods such as almonds, spinach, and papaya. They can also be consumed in form a capsule or used in form of oil. Including vitamin E rich foods in your diet or massaging the scars with vitamin E oil can work wonders in getting rid of scars.
- Coconut oil for chickenpox scars: Coconut water is not only delicious but also rich in nutrients essential for the skin and lauric acid and cytokines. This helps regulate cell growth in the skin and balances the pH levels. It also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that prevent breakouts. Along with drinking coconut water, you could also apply it directly to the affected areas to help speed the recovery process.
- Lemon juice to fade chicken pox holes: Lemon juice is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. This aids in collagen production and keeps the skin elastic and strong. It is also rich in alpha hydroxyl acids that help heal damaged skin. Lemon juice also has bleaching properties that help scars fade. Lemon juice can be diluted with water or applied directly to the skin, this will help to remove chicken pox holes.
- Aloe vera for Chickenpox scars: Aloe vera is known for its antioxidant and anti-microbial properties. This can protect the skin from bacterial infection and help soothe and heal the skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties also help relieve itching and redness caused by chickenpox blisters. Aloe vera also boosts collagen production and moisturizes the skin. Aloe vera can be used by applying the gel within its leaves directly on the skin and allowing it to dry. This can be repeated 3 to 4 times a day for best results.
- Bicarbonate Soda for chickenpox: Scarring in cases of chickenpox is caused by scratching the blisters to relieve irritation and itchiness. Baking soda helps prevent the formation of scars by soothing this irritation and exfoliating the skin. It also helps balance the pH levels of the skin. A paste of baking soda and water can be massaged onto the affected areas to remove dead skin cells and prevent scarring.
All the above-mentioned home remedies will help you get rid of the Chickenpox scars naturally and give you a beautiful glowing skin. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Update From Lybrate: Keeping your skin healthy is very important, therefore, we suggest you choose the Skin Care Products according to your skin type requirements and usages at Lybrate.
In case you have a concern or query regarding skincare consult doctor online, you can always consult the best dermatologist online & get the answers to your questions.