Causes of female pattern baldness:
Each hair grows from its follicle, baldness occurs when the hair follicle shrinks over time, resulting in shorter and finer hair.
Reasons of female pattern baldness:
- Changes in the levels of androgens (male hormones).
- Family history of male or female pattern baldness
There are many reasons other than female pattern baldness, for the occurrence of women hair loss:
- Major illness, surgery, or pregnancy
- Skin diseases leads to scarring of hair follicles
- Hormone problems
- Deficiency of iron
- Deficiency of vitamin b & other Syphilis
- Autoimmune diseases
- Breaking of hair
- The hair loss rarely progresses to total or near total baldness
- Hair thinning mainly begins on the top and crown of the scalp.
- The front hairline remains unaffected except for normal recession