Exceess weight gain is an open invitation to multiple health ailments. Not only too much weight leads to a number of health problems, it also severly impacts the self esteem of obese people as they are often mocked at by others.
Maintaining a healthy body weight is the best way to control obesity. Many surgical and non surgical options are available to lose weight. Weight loss through Ayurvedic ways is not only effective, but 100% natural. The following things, if kept in mind and practiced diligently, can help you shed a lot of flab from your body.
- Exercise: While a daily routine of exercise is a must in any life science, Ayurveda too advocates exercising for at least 45 minutes to one hour. Walking is said to be the most important and effective forms of exercise, followed by several yoga poses that can help in better weight management. Also, as per Ayurveda, it is important to move after each and every meal, so that a routine of eating and activity is built into the system.
- Taste: Ayurveda recognizes six distinct tastes that should be incorporated into one's daily diet. These tastes include salty, pungent, sour, sweet, bitter and finally, astringent. Each of these tastes has several properties that balance the various hormones and health factors in one's body. These tastes form the various counterpoints to alleviate all kinds of health problems, which finally help in effective weight management. Also, one must eat all the seasonal fruits and vegetables to keep the body and hormones in good balance.
- Hot water: Hot water combined with lemon juice and ginger or herbal teas acts as a natural detox. Sip on hot water throughout the day to cleanse your entire internal system from impurities and blockages. It helps to improve digestion and staves off hunger in between meals. It is one of the easiest ways to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time. It is advisable to drink boiled water as it is considered to be more effective than hot water.
- Ayurvedic medicines: Ayurvedic medicines like triphala churan, guggulu, triushanaadi loha, shilajit, swarnmakshik bhasm and medhohar guggul are very effective in losing weight. However, these medicines should be taken under medical supervisions.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle: Try and avoid a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible. If your work requires you to sit for a long period of time, a short break every one hour can prove to be beneficial. Ayurveda goes a long way to keep obesity and the associated health complications at bay.