Last Updated: Jan 10, 2023
Is bedwetting a regular feature in your child? Has this been continuing for a long time and is making you concerned? Nocturnal enuresis is the condition in which a child passes urine when he sleeps at night, unknowingly. It is referred to as bedwetting or night wetting in Ayurveda. Shayyamutra is the Ayurvedic name of this condition in which shayya refers to sleeping, and mutra means urine.
Ayurvedic Treatment & Guidelines for Bedwetting Problem in Children
- You must ensure that your child is getting sufficient sleep. A proper sleep schedule will make it easier for him to wake up when his bladder is full and he needs to urinate.
- The bowel must be kept clear to prevent threadworms from troubling at night. They account for being an important cause for bedwetting.
- Your child should abstain from food items such as green gram, potato, tea, chocolates, coffee, and spicy foods producing gas.
- You must make sure that your child does not drink any liquid right before going to sleep. On the contrary, his bladder should be emptied before going to bed.
- Bladder stretching exercises should be undertaken, which are effective for the management of bedwetting in children.
- In children who experience bedwetting in spite of being grown up, the reason is usually stress. Stress may occur from various causes and it is important to bring your child’s stress under control. For this, he should undertake yoga, mindful meditation, and other relaxation techniques.
Best Ayurvedic Medicine for Bedwetting Baby
There are various Ayurvedic home remedies can be prescribed when baby suffering from night wetting problem, which are ideal for managing bedwetting in children. Some of them are as follows:
- Fry one spoon of coriander seeds until it turns brown. Mix one teaspoon each of sesame seeds, babul gum, and pomegranate flowers and make a fine powder out of the ingredients. Add crystal sugar to the mixture and give this to your child before bedtime regularly.
- Give half a cup of milk and Sarshapa in a powdered state to your child before he/she goes to sleep at night.
- Ayurvedic remedies used for curing bedwetting in children aim at strengthening your nervous system and your urinary tract. Vishatinduka vati, Chandraprabha vati, and Shilajitwaadi vati are common Ayurvedic medicines used for treating bedwetting.
- Deworming should be carried out for the infestation of intestinal worms, which may provide relief to your child.
- Several natural medicinal herbs are also used for the Ayurvedic treatment of bedwetting. They include bimbi, kataka, amalaki, hareetaki, haridra, khadira, and a lot more.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Update From Lybrate: Lybrate suggests you to not to make any compromise with your baby. Buy organic and chemical-free Baby Care Products from Goodkart and keep your baby healthy and happy.