Leucorrhoea or Vaginitis is a problem that many women face. When there is a discharge from the female genitals which has a foul smell and dirty white or greenish pallor, this condition is called Leucorrhoea. The other symptoms of this condition include inflammation and irritation in the area. While this condition may last many weeks and even months, in some cases, it can also start affecting the reproductive organs of the female patient. This problem mostly crops up during puberty and can lead to long term damage if it does not get timely and proper treatment. One of the best ways of dealing with this condition is with the help of Ayurveda, which is an ancient science that combines herbs, lifestyle tweaks, Yoga and massages for treatment of various kinds of ailments.
Let us find out more about the Ayurvedic treatment available for Leucorrhoea:
- Lifestyle and Hygiene: Poor hygiene and bad eating habits remain some of the most common causes of Leucorrhoea, as per medical science. Accordingly, Ayurveda purports a number of lifestyle changes that include a proper balanced diet where fried, fatty and other junk food will be eliminated. Also, routinely cleaning your private parts and creating better living conditions in terms of hygiene will help in treating this ailment.
- Lady's Finger or Okra: This healthy green vegetable has many minerals that can help in treating this condition. One must boil a few pieces for at least twenty minutes before straining, sweetening and drinking it as a tonic.
- Mango Seeds: One can dry these mango seeds and grind them to make a powder. This powder can be added to water to make a fine paste for application in the vaginal tract.
- Amaranth Root: The antibacterial properties of this herb make it ideal for flushing out the toxins that cause Leucorrhoea as well as other bacterial infections and conditions. The compounds in this element also help in treating a number of vaginal disorders. You can grind the root and add this powder to water before having it. The leaves and branches can also be added to boiling water before being strained so that one can have it as a tonic at least twice a day.
- Walnut Leaves: Walnut leaves are said to have astringent properties that can heal infections. One can infuse boiling water with these leaves for twenty minutes or so. Strain and let it cool before using it on the vaginal areas. One can do this at least three to four times a day for rapid relief.
There are many other elements as per Ayurveda which can be used for treating this issue including betel leaves, guava leaves, cranberry juice and sandalwood oil.