Ayurveda is a system of medicine that takes a holistic approach to treat various diseases. It is believed in Ayurveda that when a disease occurs in your body then it means that the mind, body and soul is unbalanced.
It is believed that everyone is made up of five elements that is earth, air, water, ether and fire. If all of these elements in the body are well balanced, then the body tends to function in a healthy manner. An illness is a sign that one or multiple elements in the body are not balanced. A practitioner carries out a diagnosis of your diet, lifestyle, seeks to find out the cause of the imbalance and provides treatment accordingly.
Diabetes is a condition in the body, which is characterized by blood sugar spikes that result in the body being unable to use the glucose in the body.
The various symptoms of diabetes are outlined below:
- Fatigue: You may experience fatigue as the glucose in the body will not be effectively utilized.
- Frequent urination: You may urinate frequently because of the presence of excess glucose in the blood.
- Weight gain: You may experience weight gain.
- Bruises take longer time to heal: Injuries take more time to heal if there is too much glucose concentration in the body.
The various ayurvedic remedies for diabetes are:
- Eating bitter gourd with ghee is good for bringing down blood sugar levels.
- Bitter gourd juice can also be an effective remedial measure.
- Make a mixture of turmeric, powdered fenugreek seeds, white pepper and milk. Consume this drink at least twice a day.
- Combine "neem" leaves, "tulsi" and "belpatras" with a glass of water and drink it on empty stomach to keep diabetes at bay.
- Limit sugar consumption by restricting foods such as banana, potato and rice.
- Consume bitter vegetables
- You should exercise on a regular basis; activities such as running, strength training and yoga will help you manage diabetes better
- Consume lots of green vegetables and herbs as they assist in insulin production.