Arthritis - 6 Yoga Positions That Can Be Of Help!
MD - Ayurveda, BAMS, Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
Ayurvedic Doctor, Bangalore
10 years experience
Yoga is recommended for people with joint inflammation or arthritis. In the case of certain individuals with different sorts of arthritis, studies have shown that consistent yoga practice can lessen joint pain, improve flexibility of the joint and release the stress and strain to provide better rest. Yoga comes with a wide range of practices; however, for the most part, it includes adopting specific bodily postures. It also includes breathing and meditation exercises.
Some of the yoga postures to cure arthritis are as follows:
- Sun salutations (Surya Namaskar): They are the perfect way to begin a day. They can be reflective and calming as you develop the strength to breathe fresh air. It increases your energy circulation,lengthenes and tones your muscles, acts as moving meditation, teaches you to respect your body and provides you peace of mind.
- Kid's pose and child's pose plus (Balasana): This is a truly gentle and simple approach to stretch the lower back. It effectively calms the mind, acts as a therapy for improving digestion, lengthens and strengthens the lower back, opens up the posterior, releases fatigue, enhances blood circulation, stretches the shoulders and ankles, strengthens the ligaments in the knees, it helps fight insomnia and energizes the body.
- Bovine pose (Bitilasana): It is an extremely beneficial yoga asana for treating and preventing joint inflammation and arthritis. It improves posture and balance, strengthens and stretches the spine and neck, stretches the hips, abdomen and back, increases coordination, massages and stimulates organs in the belly, like the kidneys and adrenal glands, creates emotional balance and relieves stress and calms the mind.
- Furious cat (Marjaryasana): It is also a very hellpful asana for curing your joint related problems. It allows more coordinated physical movement, greatly improves flexibility, improves posture and helps improve your walk and acts as an excellent warm-up for the entire body. Since it actively stretches your back, torso, and neck, it also improves your spine alignment, strengthens and stimulates the abdominal muscles, helps in regulation of breathing patterns, stimulates your kidneys and adrenal glands, calms you down and relieves stress and greatly benefits in relieving back pain.
- Prostate twisting (Navasana): It helps in imporving the your prostate health. Yoga may also help improve the symptoms of BPH, as it can help exercise and strengthen the muscles in the pelvic floor. Strengthening the pelvic floor muscles and reducing pelvic tension can help improve bladder control, making it easier to urinate. It might help in reducing stress, and stress is believed to make the symptoms of BPH worse. Reducing stress through yoga means BPH symptoms are less likely to be aggravated.
- Bridge pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): This pose is also very helpful. It stretches the chest, neck, spine, and hips, strengthens the back, buttocks, and hamstrings, improves circulation of blood, helps to prevent arterial blockages or cardiac arrest by resting the heart muscles and increasing blood circulation to the arteries, helps alleviate stress and mild depression, calms the brain and central nervous system, stimulates the lungs, thyroid glands, and abdominal organs, improves digestion, helps relieve symptoms of menopause, reduces backache and headache and more.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful