Raw apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural health remedies for detoxification, helping your body digest food more easily and for a quick burst of energy. Apple cider vinegar can also be used for personal care like conditioning your hair, whitening your teeth and as a household cleaner. Some other benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- Helps tummy troubles: Apple cider vinegar has some antibiotic properties which help in treating diarrhea, particularly caused by bacterial infection. Sip some apple cider vinegar mixed with water to treat an upset stomach. According to some remedy experts apple cider vinegar contains pectin which helps soothe intestinal spasms.
- Remedy for allergies: Apple cider vinegar thins the mucus, supports the immune system & clears the sinus. Drink 1 teaspoon of vinegar mixed in a glass of water for allergies.
- Soothes a sore throat: It can be used to soothe sore throat. Acidic properties of apple cider vinegar helps kill the germs in the throat. So, you can gargle with a mixture of apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup) & warm water (1/4 cup) every hour to get a relief from sore throat.
- Lowers cholesterol: Several animal studies have shown that apple cider vinegar can lower triglycerides, cholesterol & blood pressure. This has to be confirmed in case of humans.
- Helps weight loss: Many human studies suggest that apple cider vinegar if consumed with proper lifestyle changes help in weight loss. Including it in the diet increase the satiety which helps in less consumption of calories & thus helps in losing weight.
- Kill fungus on skin: Antibacterial & anti fungal properties of apple cider vinegar kills bacterial & fungal infections on skin. Rub two times a day on the infected area to get a benefit.
You can add apple cider vinegar in salad dressing, homemade mayonnaise etc and get benefit of it. Another popular way of consuming it is mixing with water and drinking as a beverage. The dosages vary from 1-2 tsp to 1-2 tbsp. As excess of anything is harmful. So, do not exceed the recommended dosage. Excess consumption may have harmful effects. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.