Alopecia or alopecia areata is more commonly known as spot baldness. It is a serious condition that makes a person lose his or her hair in round patches. The patches increase in number over time. Alopecia could affect your scalp and can also result in hair loss from other parts of the body. Alopecia is an auto immune problem and causative factors of which are still not known. However, certain triggering factors, such as stress, which is the biggest culprit along with other factors like thyroid problems, genetic tendencies, drug abuse, hormonal changes or medications can lead to such a disorder.
Heredity and genetics play a significant role in alopecia areata. Patients suffering from alopecia areata very often mention a family member suffering from the same condition.
Signs and Symptoms of Alopecia Areata
Alopecia areata shows up as bald patches. The most common areas for alopecia areata are the scalp and the beard, but may involve any body part with hair. There may be one, or multiple bald patches. The patches are usually round in shape and smooth to touch.
Homeopathic Treatment For Alopecia Areata
Homeopathic treatment is very effective in dealing with alopecia areata. Homeopathic remedies for alopecia areata affect our body by optimising our immune system. Thus, homeopathy can provide an effective and a permanent solution to this problem.
Moreover, once it is treated with homeopathy the chances of the problem occurring again are also highly reduced. Although certain homeopathic medicine like Flouricum Acid and Phosphorus are very often and effectively used in treating this disorder, one needs to go through a constitutional analysis before any prescription is made. Constitutional analysis is the prescription-based assessment of your physical and psychological characteristics.
Naturopathic ways of dealing with Alopecia:
1. Chinese hibiscus can come to your rescue: Alopecia is mainly caused due to weak, undernourished hair follicles. Chinese hibiscus is known to deal with the problem effectively. The petals of this flower, when used in combination with dandelion oil, add strength to your hair follicles. It also repairs hair damage. The oil should be applied on the scalp at least twice a week for noticeable results.
2. Fenugreek is a great way to tackle problems of hair loss: Fenugreek is rich in proteins and organic compounds. These compounds are effective in building up the defence mechanism of your scalp. Fenugreek regulates hormones in the human body in such a way that a stark re-growth of hair follicles is noticed in many cases.
3. Try using green tea creatively: Many people resort to green tea to lead a healthy way of life. While drinking two cups of this inimitable concoction twice daily, remember to use its liquor on the bald patches of your scalp as well. Absorb the drink on a piece of cloth and massage it on the affected areas of your scalp. Catechins, saponins and antioxidants present in this kind of tea help in regeneration of cells on the scalp.
4. Graphites can do wonders: Alopecia can also be characterized by itchy eruptions on your scalp. These eruptions may or may not contain pus like fluids. Patchy baldness, especially on the sides of your head, can be dealt with by taking this medicine. A person who shows intolerance towards cold and has an excess of adipose tissues can be treated with Graphites.
5. Mezereum is a sought after homeopathic medication: If alopecia areata makes hair fall in the cups of your hand each time you comb, Mezereum should be one's first and foremost choice. The skin of your scalp might be crusting, or you might have rashes in the bald circles. Mezereum will cure these symptoms by fighting off the condition in itself.
However, over-the-counter medication is not suitable for all patients as the causative factors will differ from patient to patient, thus it is important to always consult a trained practitioner as the right dosage and potency will be decided by the doctor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!