The scars from acne can be stubborn at times and there could be chances that over-the-counter creams or medications stop working. Pimples can be formed due to various kinds of skin damages and the body creates new cells along with collagen fibres to help in repairing the acne. This can lead to the formation of acne scars, which stay back for many years.
Ayurvedic treatments can be effective in such cases and the best part is that they do not lead to any side effects.
- Sandalwood water: Sandalwood is regarded as a highly effective soothing agent, which is ideal for removing acne scars. Sandalwood or chandan also has other skin benefits, which help in adding a natural glow to the skin.
- Fenugreek extract: Fenugreek is known for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which help in improving skin conditions and reduce the acne scars and blemishes. If you can apply fenugreek solution on your face regularly for 2 to 3 weeks, you will observe a visible reduction in the spots and blemishes on the face.
- Lemon juice: Lemon is rich in vitamin C content and it plays a crucial role in the production of collagen in the body. Therefore, if you consume lemons regularly and apply lemon juice on your skin, your scars will reduce and your skin will become healthier.
- Neem leaves: Neem is known for its alkaloid content that has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. This makes it effective in combating a wide range of skin issues, right from blemishes to acne spots to ringworms. These leaves can also help in cleansing the body from toxins and add a beautiful sheen to the skin.
- Aloe vera: The gel-like substance fetched from the leaves of aloe vera plant can eliminate all types of skin problems. Applying the gel in small amounts to the skin aids in adding a gentle suppleness to the skin. The good thing about aloe vera is that it generally suits all types of skin, and therefore, you can use it, regardless of whether you have a sensitive or combination skin.
- Apple cider vinegar: Vinegar can scrape off dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. It also has antiseptic properties that make it effective for removal of acne scars and blemishes.
If you have already tried and given up on different types of cosmetic creams to get rid of your blemishes, you must go for these Ayurvedic home remedies and get effective results. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!