Menstrual cycles are really hectic for a woman to tackle all the time. Sometimes they result to different abnormalities which can be caused due to a lot of various reasons. But if you are experiencing some serious problems every month then you should visit the doctor and do a checkup. You should never neglect any kind of medical disorder which is often related to your menstrual cycle.
One of the most common problem which many women face is abnormal uterine bleeding. It is a serious problem in which the bleeding from the uterus is longer than expected and can occur at irregular time. You may face bleeding at unusual times and randomly. So it becomes really hectic to manage if you have a hectic schedule.
Abnormal uterine bleeding can be caused due to a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most important of them which affects majority of the women.
● AUB can occur when the female ovaries do not release the egg.
● Thickening of the uterine wall or lining can also result to heavy bleeding at unusual times.
● Uterine polyps may also lead to bleeding.
● If the person is suffering from any cancer which has affected the ovaries, uterus, cervix, or vagina.
● If the women takes hormonal birth control pills.
● Infection in the uterus or cervix can also lead to heavy unusual bleeding.
These are the most common causes of AUB which most of the women tend to experience. Now we will have a look at the symptoms of AUB which will help you to identify it.
Abnormal uterine bleeding can be identified if the following symptoms have been experienced.
● If there is heavy bleeding or spotting from the vagina between periods
● If the Periods occur less than 28 days apart or more than 35 days apart.
● If the time period between the periods changes frequently each month.
● The bleeding may last for more days than normal or for more than a week.
So these are the symptoms of AUB which you should be well aware of and if you identify any of them, make sure you visit your doctor or gynaecologist for a checkup.
AUB can possess different risks to the women who are facing it. Even though most women tend to experience it at least once in their lifetime, sometimes it can become really serious and needs to be treated so that it does not affect your health in a negative way. The most common risks which are involved in Abnormal uterine bleeding are -
● If AUB is affecting the woman very frequently and if it is not treated properly, it can result to infertility or the condition which does not let a woman conceive.
● Women can also experience severe anemia due to heavy blood loss.
● Untreated AUB can be really dangerous and can also result to endometrial cancer.
So here are the different information related to Abnormal uterine bleeding which you should know about and if you experience anything serious related to it make sure you visit the doctor immediately.