Masturbation is done by an individual in order to attain sexual pleasure. Most adults do it due to a lack of partners or to satisfy their sexual urge. Masturbation can be extremely beneficial to your sexual health and offers various health benefits. It doesn't just feel good, it has other benefits too that can vastly improve your health and life.
Health Benefits of Masturbation
Check out the list of masturbation that can offer your health in detail. From Physical to mental level, there are lots of health benefits of doing masturbation:
- It boosts your mood
- Helps you sleep
- Lesser junk food cravings
- Relieves cramps
- Helps cure urinary tract infection in women
- Prevents prostate cancer
- May get rid of restless leg syndrome
- Boosts your immunity and general health
Sexual Health Benefits of Masturbation
- Boosts your mood Masturbating releases the hormones oxytocin and dopamine, which improve your mood and give you a natural high. It helps you relax and decreases your stress and anxiety levels.
- Helps In Sleep: Having an orgasm relaxes you physically and mentally, relieves tension and makes you feel satisfied due to the lowering of blood pressure and the release of endorphins. This helps you fall asleep faster and sleep better.
- Lesser junk food cravings: The release of oxytocin makes us feel happier, lowering emotionally triggered food cravings, which help you make better food choices and avoid unhealthy and fattening
- Relieves Cramps: Masturbation can help relieve menstrual cramps. It increases blood flow to your pelvic region and hence eases pain, cramps and backaches
- Helps cure urinary tract infection in women: Women gets also health benefits of doing Masturbation. Those suffering from utis can get relief by masturbating as it flushes out bacteria from the cervix.
- Prevents prostate cancer: Masturbation flushes out the toxin build-up in the urogenital tract, making men who ejaculate frequently three times less likely to develop prostate cancer.
- May get rid of restless leg syndrome: Another health benefit of doing masturbation is that people who suffer from restless leg syndrome feel a constant need to move their limb, which may cause leg pain and cramps. A publication in 'sleep medicine', a medical journal suggests that sex and masturbation may help relieve symptoms of rls.
- Boosts your immunity and general health: Ejaculation in males triggers the release of cortisol, a stress hormone. Although stress-inducing, experts believe that small doses of this hormone help build your immunity. In women, masturbation is known to improve cervical and cardiovascular health while also reducing the risk of type-2 diabetes
In conclusion, Masturbation can have many benefits to health if performed in a controlled manner. Excessive masturbation can have a negative benefit on your health
Update From Lybrate: Due to stress and hectic lifestyle, sexual bliss has become a dream for many. Buy these Sexual Wellness Products from Lybrate's GoodKart.To keep your sex life alive and kicking.
In case you have a concern or query regarding sexual health ask a doctor online, you can consult the best sexologist doctor online, & get the answers to your questions.