High blood pressure is a common condition wherein, the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is so much high that it eventually lead to severe health problems, like a heart disease.
A number of factors can put you at a greater risk for developing high blood pressure (HBP or hypertension). Understanding these risk factors can help you be aware of how possibly you are to develop high BP-
- High Dietary Salt/Sodium intake - >5gms salt/>2.3 gms of salt per day increases the risk of developing BP at early age.
- Smoking or consuming tobacco products like khaini etc (even occasional consumption can be harmful).
- Stressful lifestyle, anxiety and decrease sleep - Meditation, decreasing daily stress and sleeping 8 hrs a day can help control BP.
- Lack of exercise and physical activity - Daily 30-40 mins of exercise or brisk walking is absolutely essential to remain healthy and avoid BP and heart problems.
- High Cholesterol can lead to blockages in arteries of various organs, which in-turn leads to high BP. Hence getting cholesterol checked annually can help in diagnosing it timely.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!