Despite them being sweet and tasty, there are no nutritional benefits to sodas whatsoever. Moreover, doctors from all over the globe have concluded that numerous health risks are linked to soda pop consumption.
Here are a number of reasons to help you arrive at a more comprehensive understanding of the harmful effects of soda on your health:
- It might sound weird but soda is a useless drink which can be avoided easily. Sodas have been found to contain nothing but sugar and calories. There is really no reason why you should drink soda. Further, even diet sodas may do more harm than good, despite the claim that they have zero to no calories.
- Because of the presence of large amounts of high-fructose corn syrup, soda increases the risk of obesity. Furthermore, its high sugar content has perverse effects on hormonal levels in your body. Soda consumption is also associated with the development of type 2 diabetes, besides other complications like increased appetite and greater difficulty in losing weight.
- Soda has been proved to be injurious to your major organs, and is associated with conditions like chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease and metabolic syndrome.
- Soda consumption also tends to soften bone structure and contributes to lower bone density. The presence of caffeine and phosphorus in most sodas further increases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Sugar in soda combines with bacteria present in your mouth to form certain types of acid. These acids, along with carbolic acid inherently present in carbonated sodas, work together to have a damaging influence on your teeth, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
Fortunately, there are tons of options which you can choose over soda pop. These alternative beverages naturally have a high nutritive value thus conferring you with health benefits. A few of the examples include:
a) Water - Detox water, coconut water & salted lemonade
b) Milk - Buttermilk, Dark chocolate milk, healthy milkshakes and smoothies
c) Juices - Fruit juices & Vegetable juices
d) Tea & Coffee - Iced tea/Iced coffee
e) Other drinks - Powdered drink mixes
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!