Impotence also known as erectile dysfunction can be caused for a number of reasons such as insufficient blood flow, stress, depression and certain medications. Patients with this disorder would not be able to achieve or maintain an erection.
HOW IS IMPOTENCE DIAGNOSED?
There are a number of tests that a doctor might suggest after conducting an interview and a physical examination. Tests to measure blood glucose, lipid profile and to check the functioning of the liver, kidney and thyroid might be suggested. A PSA test to check for prostate cancer could also be advised.
HOW IS IMPOTENCE TREATED?
Certain lifestyle changes such as reducing the amount of alcohol or tobacco consumed and healthy diet and exercise could help with treating ED. Medications such as standard and sildenafil could be prescribed by a general physician.
DID YOU KNOW?
Smoking is believed to be one of the prime causes of erectile dysfunction.
Male impotence is scientifically referred to as Erectile Dysfunction (ED) and it is the lack of a person's sexual ability. Sometimes in this condition, a man suffers from the incapacity to keep his penis erect for a longer time to have sufficient and satisfactory sexual performance. The ability to get and keep an erection can happen to men at any age and the risk of impotence can increase with age, but impotence is never caused by growing age.
The causes of impotence can be various. Certain medical conditions, medications, trauma, and outside influences can also contribute towards impotence.
The most common causes for impotence may include:
1. Overconsumption of alcohol
5. Both physical and psychological issues can cause impotence
Impotence can happen in men at any point of their age. However, ed is noticed much in middle aged and older men than younger men. One of the most important reason for ed is atherosclerosis. In this condition men fail to have better erection because blood flow to their penis is blocked by plaque.
Apart from these, there are other physical issues which may cause impotence:
3. Thyroid problems
4. Kidney issues
5. Sleep disorders
6. Blood vessel damage
7. Nerve damage
8. High blood pressure
9. High cholesterol
10. Low testosterone
11. Pelvic or spinal cord trauma or surgery
12. Tobacco use
14. Certain prescription medications, including antidepressants and diuretics
There are some psychological problems which can cause ED in men like - anxiety, stress, depression and relationship problems.
The treatments of ed actually depends upon the causes of ED. Most of the treatments are temporary which can lead men to have better erection, successful intercourse and sometimes cure ed. Nevertheless, sometimes it does not cure the underlying condition. Sometimes ed is the hallmark signal for other dangerous diseases.
1. Oral treatment: Viagra, vardenafil or Levitra and tadalafil or Cialis can be consumed. These drugs cause the smooth muscle relaxation in the penis, hence the penis is filled by blood. These medicines work only after you are sexually triggered. The effect of the medicine will retain the erection from minutes to hours, so it is advisable to take the medicine 45 minutes before intercourse.
2. Alprostadil: It is a prostaglandin, which is injected into the penis just before sexual intercourse. There are also some other painless ways available too.
3. Vacuum therapy: This therapy involves a vacuum cylinder on the penis. The device implements pressure and invites blood into the penis. A tension ring is placed at the bottom of the penis to retain the erection.
4. Surgery: A prosthetic implant, which involves a rod, located in the penis. You should use this procedure only when the other methods are not working.
5. Counselling: It is used to regulate distress if the doctor suspects that there is some cognitive problem.
Lybrate.com offers online solutions to your medical problems in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad etc. Subscribe to Lybrate.com so you can consult the doctor of your choice and get effective solutions on how to get proper solutions for your erectile dysfunction.
Consult top doctors for Impotence online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Chillhar Road, Bhayandar, Kanakia, Bhayandar, Mandali Talav, Bhayandar, Navghar Road, Bhayandar, Sector 9, Bhayandar, Shanti Park, Bhayandar and in any other locality in Mumbai for Impotence.
Above are listed top doctors for Impotence in Sewri , Mumbai. Post a free question today regarding Impotence and get answers from top doctors in no time.