Impotence also known as erectile dysfunction can be caused for a number of reasons such as insufficient blood flow, stress, depression and certain medications. Patients with this disorder would not be able to achieve or maintain an erection.
HOW IS IMPOTENCE DIAGNOSED?
There are no formal tests to diagnose the condition however, blood tests may be performed to rule out hypogonadism and prolactinoma. Impotence is also related to generally poor physical health, poor dietary habits, obesity, and most specifically cardiovascular diseases. A thorough physical examination by a general physician will help in identifying the condition.
HOW IS IMPOTENCE TREATED?
Common treatment methods for impotence are: medications, natural remedies and lifestyle changes. Prescribed medication is available for treating impotence. Natural therapies like acupuncture, pomegranate juice and ginseng are known to be effective cures.
DID YOU KNOW?
Quitting smoking and alcoholism also helps in treating Impotence
Impotence is also known as E.D (Erectile Dysfunction). It is a medical condition when you are no longer able to maintain an erection during an intercourse. It can affect a person’s self esteem and make him socially awkward. It is still unclear what causes E.D but according to experts, it is due to lack of arousal which cannot be achieved easily when a person ages with time. Ed is caused by lack of blood flow in the penis which affects arousal. There are also some disorders which can cause ed such as diabetes, atherosclerosis and hormonal imbalance. According to statistics it mainly affects men who are over 50 years of age.
For teenage men or middle aged men ed can also take place due to psychological conditions. But it is mostly caused due to depression, mental trauma, sexual abuse in the past, sexual fears, fatigue, sadness caused due to rejection by family or friends, etc.
There are a lot of solutions with which one can overcome ed, some of them are:
1. Exercise regularly. If you are suffering from ed, it is highly important to exercise for a firmer erections. Men who are obese or underweight easily get affected by ed. Therefore, it is necessary to do cardio workouts or run for an hour daily to increase blood flow in your muscles leading to a healthy lifestyle and combating ed.
2. Try kegel exercises. This is a form of pelvic exercise which also contributes in facilitating normal urination. Kegels allows the penis to be filled with blood during ejaculation. Hence this exercise is a good cure for ed.
3. Acupuncture also helps to combat ed. During acupuncture, your skin is pricked with a lot of needles on your pressure point. This makes your organs function properly. It also helps in overcoming depression and pain. There have been several cases in which acupuncture has cured ed.
4. Consuming red ginseng also cures ed. It is also called herbal Viagra. If you are experiencing ed due to lack of physical arousal, then red-ginseng is a very effective ed solution and will give you better erections.
5. Consuming L-arginine is also a great ed solution. L-arginine contains antioxidants which boost your energy levels and since it contains nitric oxide, it is very efficient. Nitric oxide soothes and relaxes your blood vessels. This proves to be a very effective ed solution.
6. Drinking watermelon juice is also very effective, as amino acid is found in abundance in watermelons. Amino acid is known to increase blood flow to the penis. Therefore, eating a lot of watermelon is an effective ed solution.
7. Consuming a lot of fruits, whole grains, veggies and fish is also a great cure for ed.
8. Maintaining a healthy sleep schedule is also a great cure for ed.
Lybrate has the best medical practitioners and sexologists in Agra, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more ed and its treatment.
You can consult doctors online for Impotence from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Chillhar Road, Bhayandar, Kanakia, Bhayandar, Mandali Talav, Bhayandar, Navghar Road, Bhayandar, Sector 9, Bhayandar, Shanti Park, Bhayandar and in any other locality in Mumbai.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Nulife Hospital, Mumbai for Impotence. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.