Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet
Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet is prescribed for treating depression and its associated symptoms. It acts as a tricyclic antidepressant and regulates brain chemicals that have become unstable in patients suffering from prolonged mental illness.
Do not start using this medication unless prescribed by the doctor or without consulting him/her. The drug should not be taken by the patient if she or he has recently recovered from a heart attack.
You should take Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet as per instructions on the prescription and guide that comes with the drug. Take the exact dose that has been prescribed to you. It can take about 4 weeks before your symptoms of depression show improvement.
It is advised that Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet should not be stopped suddenly, as it can cause unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. If the need arises consult your doctor about stopping Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet. The drug should be stored at room temperature and kept safe from light, heat as well as moisture.
Take this drug as per the dosage prescribed to you by the doctor. The effects of Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet can take up to four weeks to show during which time your symptoms of depression will begin to show some improvement.
The medication should not be stopped all of a sudden as it can bring about withdrawal symptoms in the patient. It should be kept at room temperature and away from heat, light as well as moisture.Also Read: Deriphyllin Tablet Uses
Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet is helpful in treating the below provided problems:
Side effects of Tryptomer 10 Tablet are as follows:
How long is the duration of effect?
The effect of Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet on an approximate lasts about four to seven weeks.
What is the onset of action?
The effects of this medication can start to be seen within four to six weeks upon administration.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?
Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet can pose risks to the fetus and therefore should not be used by pregnant women unless prescribed specifically by the doctor and when the benefits clearly outnumber the risks in the case of the concerned patient.
Is it habit forming?
Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet has not been found to develop any habit-forming tendencies.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?
The drug should not be used by breastfeeding mothers as it can pass into the breast milk and adversely harm the baby.
Is It safe with alcohol?
It is advised that while under Tryptomer tablet patients either limit or completely restrict the consumption of alcohol. This is because the medication upon interaction with alcohol can induce symptoms such as excessive sweating, sleepiness, muscle stiffness and sudden alterations of pulse rate.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?
Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet can cause side effects such as weakness, headache, blurred vision, seizures and drowsiness and is therefore not recommended that people drive while under this medication therapy.
Does this affect kidney function?
There is no information available as to how the medicine affects kidney functionalities.
Does this affect liver function?
There is no information available as to how the medicine affects liver functionalities.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Are there any missed dose instructions?
Upon missing a dose, take your medication as soon as you recall it. But if it is almost time for your next dose, then it is advised that you consider skipping the earlier one.
Are there any overdose instructions?
If overdose of Tryptomer 10 MG is suspected, the patient or the family members of the patient should inform the doctor immediately. Symptoms of medication overdose include alterations in pulse rates, confusions, vomiting. Hallucinations, acute feelings of drowsiness and convulsions.
The exact mechanism of action for Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet is not established. However, it is believed to act by preventing the reuptake of neurotransmitters namely norepinephrine and serotonin. These chemicals are imbalanced in people with depression.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with Medicine
- Cisapride: Report the use of either of the medicines to the doctor. You may require a dose adjustment and clinical safety monitoring while taking these medicines together. Any heart-related complications like palpitation, change in pulse rate, dizziness and excessive sweating should be reported immediately.
- Clozapine: Report the use of either of the medicine to the doctor as the risk of adverse effects on the heart is very high if these medicines are administered together. You may require a dose adjustment and clinical safety monitoring while taking them together. In some cases, your doctor may prescribe an alternative medicine that does not interact with Clozapine.
- Fluoxetine: Report the use of either of the medicine to the doctor. The risk of adverse effects like sleepiness, dry mouth, vision disturbances, confusion etc is very high while these medicines are administered together. Your doctor may prescribe an alternate medicine that does not interact with Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet.
- Linezolid: Report the use of Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet to the doctor before receiving Linezolid. The risk of adverse effects like confusion, hallucinations, convulsions and coma are very high if these medicines are administered together. Your doctor may ask you to stop the use of Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet before the use of Linezolid.
- Ondansetron: Report the use of either of the medicine to the doctor. The risk of adverse effects on the heart is very high while these medicines are administered together. Suitable dose adjustment and clinical safety monitoring may be required in such cases.
- Selegeline: Report the use of either of the medicine to the doctor. The risk of adverse effects is very high if these medicines are administered together. You should wait for 14 days after stopping Selegeline and then start using Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet and vice versa. Contact your doctor if you experience symptoms like hallucination, convulsions, changes in blood pressure etc.
- Phenylephrine: Report the use of either of the medicine to the doctor. You may require a dose adjustment and more frequent monitoring of blood pressure when these medicines are administered together. It is advised to not use these medicines together except when they are very urgently required.
Interaction with Disease
- Heart Diseases: Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet should be used with caution in patients suffering from heart disease like heart failure, stroke, heart block, etc. A fall in blood pressure, change in pulse, dizziness and other associated complications should be reported to the doctor. It is advised to not take this medicine if the patient has recently suffered a heart attack.
- Pheochromocytoma:Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet should be administered with extreme caution in patients suffering from Pheochromocytoma, the risk of severe to fatal change in blood pressure is very high. Suitable dose adjustment and clinical monitoring of the symptoms is recommended in such cases.
- Seizure Disorders: Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet should be used with caution in patients having a seizure disorder. Seizures may be caused due to a disease, some other medicine, head injury in the past etc. Using this medicine can cause more frequent and severe episodes of seizures.
- Diabetes: Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet should be used with caution if you have diabetes as the risk of changes in blood sugar levels are very high. You should get your blood sugar levels checked more frequently while using this medicine.
- Glaucoma Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet should be used with caution if you have glaucoma. Use of this medicine can worsen the symptoms of both closed and open angle glaucoma.
Ques: What is Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet?
Ques: What is Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet used for?
Ques: What are the side effects of Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet?
Ques: Does Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet make you sleepy?
Ques: Is Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet addictive?
Ques: Is Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet a steroid?
Ques: Can I take Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet with Betahistine?
Ques: Is Tryptomer 10 MG Tablet safe?
Amitriptyline- Drug Information Portal [Internet]. druginfo.nlm.nih.gov. 2019 [Cited 25 April 2019]. Available from:https://druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/amitriptyline
Tryptomer: Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Dosage- Drugs Bank [Internet]. drugsbanks.com. 2019 [Cited 26 April 2019]. Available from:https://www.drugsbanks.com/tryptomer/
Amitriptyline 10mg Film-coated Tablets- EMC [Internet]. www.medicines.org.uk. 2019 [Cited 26 April 2019]. Available from:https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6017/smpc
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.