Phosphorus is used as a dietary supplement for patients who lack phosphorus in their daily diet. Decreased amount of phosphorus in the diet is usually caused by illnesses and diseases. It also stops the growth of calcium stones in the urinary tract.
Possible side effects of this medicine include diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting and stomach pain. These side effects do not require medical attention as they might go away with time. However, there are some side effects which may occur rarely but are serious. Some of these severe side effects include confusion, seizures, decreased urination, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, headache, muscle cramps, weakness, tiredness, swollen legs and weight gain. If you find any of these side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider immediately.
Inform your doctor if you have any current medication or medical problems such as burns, heart disease, rickets, dehydration, edema, high blood pressure, liver disease, kidney stones and kidney disease. Your dosage depends on your age, weight, medical condition and your response to the treatment. It is recommended to use the medicine as prescribed by your doctor or health care professional.
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition wherein the body doesn’t metabolise sugar properly. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. When the pancreas fails to produce insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine. Homeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Homeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
1. Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic medicine is best for diabetics who have weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
2. Phosphorus: If symptoms include weak vision, Phosphorus is the best remedy for it.
3. Syzygium Jambolanum: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for diabetes mellitus. It acts efficiently and promptly in lowering sugar levels.
4. Phosphoric acid: If you feel exhausted or weak all the time, either physically or mentally, then Phosphoric acid is beneficial. Weak memory, forgetfulness and numb feet are also treated with Phosphoric acid.
5. Gymnema Sylvestre: Sometimes, diabetics drastically lose weight and have low energy levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is an excellent remedy for such symptoms.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms. Some common combinations include:
1. Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus are combined in a treatment to treat retinopathy, which is damage to the eyes caused by diabetes.
2. Serum Anguillae, Arsenic Album and Lycopodium are used together to treat kidney damage (nephropathy) in diabetics.
3. Helonias, Sulphur and Phosphoric acid are taken to deal with neuropathy or nerve problems such as numbness in feet and hands.
4. Syzygium Jambolanum is combined with Secale Cornutum to treat skin ulcers, which is a common problem among diabetics.
5. For people suffering from constipation due to diabetes, Natrum Sulph, Defloratum and Carlsbad are the best medicines.
6. To improve weak memory, Phosphoric acid, Nux Vom and Kali Phos are the best remedies for diabetics.
7. Sometimes diabetics complain of extreme, incapacitating weakness. To improve energy and boost overall health, Carbo Veg, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus and Arsenic Album are recommended.
The food you eat plays an important role in your gastrointestinal health. Some foods can be difficult to digest and lead to bloating and heartburn while others increase the healthy bacteria in your gut and make digestion easier.
Here are ten things you should include in your diet for a healthy digestive system:
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Curd and buttermilk are both milk based products, have the same composition, and more or less the same nutrients, yet there remains a persistent question as to which out of the two is better?
Does adding water to the contents of the curd, to turn it into buttermilk, really affect the properties of curd?
The answer is yes.
Read on to find out, how.
The basic difference between curd and buttermilk is the process of dilution by the addition of water. The more water you put in curd, the less concentrated the buttermilk becomes. According to Ayurveda, the churning (Manthana) of the curd into buttermilk, gives it additional properties. Churning induces the proteins in the buttermilk to be easily digested due to their degraded structure.
Here are a few pointers that could help you choose which out of the two suits your needs more:
Remember make either of the two a part of your regular diet! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The lungs are highly prone to chronic problems. Be it asthma, bronchitis or COPD, these problems require chronic treatment and the patient is always on alert. Homeopathy believes that these are just symptoms of an underlying, deep-rooted cause and addressing the root cause can help in complete cure of symptoms. By working on the underlying problem, homeopathy attempts to:
It is to be noted that different clinical presentations are treated with different compounds, and there are more than 25 compounds that can be used in people with chronic respiratory disorders. The doctor would choose the right compound depending on the presenting symptoms. Some of the commonly used compounds are listed below:
Other useful compounds include Phosphorus, Mercurius, Antimonium tartaricum, Rumex, Puslatilla, Ipea, Chelidonium and Sulphur. As noted, with homeopathic compounds, the right compound is determined by multiple factors including the stage at which the infection is at the time of presentation, nature of the cough, type of mucus, aggravating or relieving factors, presence of a cold, overall health status, habits, etc. The doctor will identify the right compound for you after checking these, so you are advised not to self medicate. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Custard apple, popularly known as 'sharifa' or 'sitaphal' in India, is liked by people of all age groups. Though it can be eaten as raw fruit, custard apple is widely used as an ingredient in the form of desserts, smoothies, shakes, and snacks. But, do you know that besides its delicious taste, custard apple also exerts numerous health benefits?
Well yes, custard apple is full of anti-oxidants and vitamins which help the body fight many diseases. Also, it has loads of potassium, vitamin A, copper, phosphorus, fiber, calcium - the list is endless. The high anti-oxidant properties are excellent for skin, heart, bones and blood pressure. The copper content in custard apple helps cure constipation, indigestion problems and gastrointestinal infections such as diarrhoea. Let us take an insight as to why you should consume 'sitaphal' this season.
While the health benefits of custard apple are immense, the seeds of this fruit are harmful and should never be consumed. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!