Buvalor 20mg Patch
The primary use of this medicine is for the management of moderate to severe pain. Buvalor 20mg Patch falls under a category of drugs called opioid agonist-antagonists. It is given to people with an addiction or dependence on opioiods. It is used to cure drug abuse. It functions by preventing the withdrawal symptoms caused by drug abuse.
On using Buvalor 20mg Patch you may experience side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, headache, sedation, nausea, fatigue, headache, xerostomia, hyperhidrosis, vomiting, sweating, fever, irregular heartbeat and difficulty in breathing. If the allergic reactions become severe, seek medical attention right away.
Before taking Buvalor 20mg Patch inform your doctor of the following conditions, if you have-
- Any allergies,
- Any brain disorders
- Liver/stomach/mental disorders,
- Diarrhea, constipation, or any infection,
- Problems urinating,
- Pregnant or are planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Buvalor 20mg Patch comes as a sublingual tablet, transdermal film and injectable solution. Dosage should be recommended by the doctor based on your condition. The usual dosage in adults for narcotics addiction is about 8 mg sublingually on day 1 and 16 mg on day 2. In case of drug overdose notify your doctor immediately.
Symptoms of overdose include CNS depression, pinpoint pupils, hypotension, bradycardia. Treatment of an overdose includes support of the patient's airway, establishment of an I.V. line, and administration of naloxone 2 mg I.V. (0.01 mg/kg for children) with repeat administration as necessary up to a total of 10 mg.
This medicine is used for treating the following conditions:
Opioid (Morphine) Dependence
Moderate To Severe Pain
Is It safe with alcohol?This medicine may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?Buvalor 20mg Patch may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Does this affect kidney function?There is no interaction between renal impairment and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
Does this affect liver function?There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
What is the onset of action?The effect is initiated within 10-30 minutes after its administartion.
How long is the duration of effect?The duration of this medicine is about 6 to 8 hours.
Are there any missed dose instructions?If you miss a dose of Buprenorphine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Are there any overdose instructions?Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
This medication falls under the category of an opioid drug that works by triggering opioid receptors in the body to provide relief from pain. It combines with the brain receptors which are responsible for opioid intoxication. This drug binds easily with the receptors and acts as a replacement for stronger opioids like heroin and morphine.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Medicine
- Barbiturate anaesthetics may produce additive respiratory and CNS depression.
- Respiratory and CV collapse was reported in a patient who received diazepam and Buvalor 20mg Patch
Interaction with Disease
- May cause respiratory depression - use caution in patients with respiratory disease or pre-existing respiratory depression.
- Potential for drug dependency exists, abrupt cessation may precipitate withdrawal.
- Use caution in elderly, debilitated, or pediatric patients.
- Use with caution in patients with depression or suicidal tendencies, or in patients with a history of drug abuse.
- Tolerance, psychological and physical dependence may occur with prolonged use.
- Use with caution in patients with hepatic, pulmonary, or renal function impairment.
- May cause CNS depression, which may impair physical or mental abilities.
- Patients must be cautioned about performing tasks which require mental alertness (ie, operating machinery or driving).
- Effects with other sedative drugs or ethanol may be potentiated.
- Elderly may be more sensitive to CNS depressant and constipating effects.
- Use with caution in patients with head injury or increased ICP, biliary tract dysfunction, pancreatitis, patients with history of ileus or bowel obstruction, glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, adrenal insufficiency, prostatic hypertrophy, urinary stricture, CNS depression, toxic psychosis, alcoholism, delirium tremens, or kyphoscoliosis.
- Partial antagonist activity may precipitate acute narcotic withdrawal in opioid-dependent individuals.
Ques: What is Buvalor 20mg Patch?
Ques: What are the uses of Buvalor 20mg Patch?
Ques: What are the side effects of Buvalor 20mg Patch?
Ques: Is Buvalor 20mg Patch an opiate/ opiate blocker/ controlled substance/ painkiller/ addictive?
Ques: Does Buvalor 20mg Patch block opiates?
Ques: Can Buvalor 20mg Patch cause depression?
Buprenorphine-Drug Information Portal [Internet].druginfo.nlm.nih.gov 2022 [Cited 7 June 2022].Available from:https://druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/buprenorphine
Buprenorphine-DrugBank Online [Internet].go.drugbank.com 2022 [Cited 7 June 2022].Available from:https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00921
BUPRENORPHINE injection,solution-DailyMed [Internet].dailymed.nlm.nih.gov 2022 [Cited 7 June 2022].Available from:https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/search.cfm?labeltype=all&query=BUPRENORPHINE
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.