Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body.
Here is the homeopathic treatment for it:
- Influenzinum - It is a homeopathic remedy for flu. The medicine, which is diluted and potentized, strengthens the immune system to fight against flu viruses. It does not suppress the symptoms but makes your immune system strong to not allow foreign viruses affect your health.
- Aconitum or aconite - Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
- Allium cepa - Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
- Aconite - This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna - Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Natrum mur - This medicine is effective for a runny nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Pulsatilla - Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive. Homeopathy does'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.