With changing lifestyle, increased exposure to dust increased consumption of processed and oily foods, the health of our hair has taken a beating. Many are concerned about dull, damaged, hair, which lacks bounce and shine. Hair spa treatments provide life and shine back to the hair. Read on to know how you can transform your look with regular spa treatments.
What is a hair spa?
Hair spa includes a combination of oil massaging, shampoo, hair mask and hair conditioning. Each of these has a specific purpose and function in adding to hair health. With warm oil (olive or coconut), the scalp is massaged for about 10 to 15. This is then washed off with a mild shampoo. A hair spa cream is then applied for about 20 to 25 minutes from the root to the tip. It is then rinsed off and a conditioner is applied to stay in place. Used in sequence, this helps restore the shine, texture, and bounce in the hair.
Benefits of hair spa
With the increased exposure to dust and multiple hair care products, hair is robbed of its lustre and shine. This is where hair spa comes into the picture as it helps reduce hair loss, reduce dandruff, nourishes with protein, and increase moisture which is lost due to colouring and pollution. The massage improves blood circulation and also helps relax and reduce stress.
Spa you can do it yourself as well
While reading the benefits above makes us all want to head to the spa, for most of us, it is not practical given the time and/or it requires. Not to worry! There are simple things you can do at home to provide the same benefits without having to step out of your home or without spending loads of money. Follow the below listed 5 steps for restoring life in your dull, damaged hair.
• Use warm olive or coconut oil for massaging the scalp for about 10 minutes. Wrap a cotton cloth soaked in hot water around the hair for about 10 minutes.
• Wash the hair with a mild shampoo with only lukewarm water (hot water is best avoided on the hair).
• Use a conditioner off the shelf based on your hair type and ensure all parts of the hair from the root to the tip is covered. Leave it in place for about 20 to 30 minutes.
• For a hair mask, use one of the two options. A mixture of egg white and coconut oil whipped to form a smooth paste. Banana, honey, egg white, and olive oil can also be mixed together to form the mask.
• Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Repeat this once in 15 days or a month and see your hair bounce back with life and shine.