Hair transplant surgery is the technique wherein hair is taken out from other parts of your body and grafted on the scalp to treat baldness. Basically, these are such hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding; therefore, they serve as a permanent treatment for hair loss.
Hair loss in men and women:
- Male pattern baldness (Androgenic alopecia): Androgenic alopecia is a condition which is characterized by a gradual receding hairline, especially along the temples. This is caused due to the testosterone hormone being converted into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which causes shrinking of the hair follicles. If you are affected by male pattern baldness, then you may opt for a hair transplant surgery.
- Female pattern baldness: Females may also be affected by baldness which is characterized by loss of hair from the top of the head and gradual thinning of hair. It may lead to self-esteem issues; so opting for a hair transplant surgery is recommended.
Popular Hair Loss Treatments:
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): FUE is a hair transplant procedure, in which the hair transplant physicians extract each hair follicle directly from the scalp. It is done randomly and it results in lower density of hair in the donor area which is not noticeable in most cases.
- Pain Management: In FUE, stitches are unnecessary and there is no existence of any linear scar, so healing time is short and there is almost non-existent post-procedural discomfort.
- Scarring: There is no linear scarring as such in FUE but there are 1mm in diameter or less puncture marks which heal by themselves within 3 to 7 days.
Follicular Unit Transplant - Follicular Unit Transplant or FUT is the procedure of transplanting your hair by removal of a small strip of tissue from the back of your head. Hair follicles are extracted from there for further use. FUT is recommended in cases of advanced hair loss. FUT also recommended as in most cases, your physician will be able to deliver results which meet your expectations.
- Pain Management: FUT procedure can cause some pain as swelling may occur in the region from where the tissue has been extracted. Suitable medication can be prescribed by your physician in case the pain persists.
- Scarring: Opting for a FUT procedure results in a very thin linear scar in the donor region. The scar is very much concealable as it is visible only if you opt for the shortest haircut styles.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!