Hair Fall - How Homeopathy Can Help?
MD-Homeopathy, DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery), FCAHM
Homeopathy Doctor, Delhi
Loss of hair from the scalp, one of the most common problems plaguing the world today, can be caused by a variety of factors such as genetics, hormonal, hereditary disorders and environmental factors. There are a number of homeopathic remedies that are used to treat hair loss. The Homoeopathic treatment focuses on the cause of the disease rather than just treating the symptoms.
Hair loss can be classified as -
- Telogen effluvium: This is a disorder of the hair growth cycle where the telogen phase (where the hair falls out) becomes dominant.
- Alopecia areata: This is an autoimmune disorder where the immune cells of the body destroy the hair. Hair loss tends to occur in patches.
- Androgenic alopecia: This type of disorder is caused by hormonal and genetic factors resulting in a receding hairline.
The various homeopathic remedies for hair loss are -
- Silicea- Silicea is used to treat a number of diseases in homeopathy. Besides being an effective remedy for hair loss, it also treats symptoms of vitiligo, nail problems and eczema.
- Phosphorus- Phosphorus is another homeopathic medicine that is used to treat hair loss. It promotes hair growth in spots where hair loss has occurred.
- Kalium carbonicum- This remedy is used for brittle and thinning hair as it enhances hair vitality and promotes hair growth. It is usually recommended for people with various forms of alopecia, especially in women after delivery.
- Lycopodium- This medicine is prescribed for people who suffer from premature baldness also called Male pattern hair loss. It is recommended for pregnant women if they suffer from hair loss.
- Natrum muraticum- This homeopathic remedy is made from table salt and used to treat hair problems resulting from or associated with many other skin conditions. It is also recommended for women who face hair loss due to menstrual problems. It treats dandruff and hair disorders due to hormonal imbalance.
- Sulphur- Sulphur is an excellent homeopathic remedy to treat hair loss as it promotes hair growth. It also eliminates different types of dandruff from the scalp.
- Weisbaden- It is also a very highly recommended homeopathic medicine to all types of hair loss due to split ends and loss of bounce & volume.
- Acid flouricum- This is also a great medicine for Alopecia areata & also generalised hair loss.
- Calcaria carbonicum- This is a remedy which takes care of most of the hair problems associated with thyroid dysfunction and many other hormonal upsets.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
2305 people found this helpful