- Eat small frequent meals
- Never skip any meal
- Choose fiber-rich foods such as daliya, oats, salads, etc.
- Choose calories free liquids such as unsweetened tea, lemon water, etc.
- Avoid sugar, its products and sugary beverages
- Always eat small portion size
- Avoid sweet fruits such as mango, banana, litchi, cheeku, grapes, pineapple.
- Avoid rice, potato, sweet potato, colocasia(arbi)/ yam.
- Avoid fried foods
- While dining out try to eat little snack before going to dinner so that you will eat fewer outside, try to choose healthy options on outing such as crunchy fresh vegetables, unsalted nuts, green salads with low fat vinegar dressings rather than creamy ones, grilled or steamed foods instead of sautéed and fried foods, eat small portions and take fruit as a dessert.
*Along with diet management include some physical activity in your daily routine such as walk.