People who suffer from oily skin tend to have multiple advantages such as a younger looking skin over a longer period of time as wrinkles, spots and fine lines tend to creep in much later. However, there are many inherent disadvantages of having oily skin such as a shiny face and frequent occurrences of pimples and acne. Some of the tips to take care of your greasy or oily skin are mentioned below:
1. Use face cleansers which are gentle on your skin - It is very important that you choose a cleanser which has the best ingredients in them as harder elements can damage your skin and accelerate oil production. Products which are specifically marketed for oily skin or acne and best suited for these purposes usually contain the following ingredients:
2. Use medicated pads or blotting paper to remove excess oil - For greasy or oily skin, one of the best solutions is to use specially medicated pads or blotting paper which can easily remove the grime from your face. There are many over the counter products available which are specially made for this purpose. You can use these in between daily facial washes.
3. Don't wash you face more than twice daily - It is recommended you wash your face twice daily with a gentle face cleanser but not more than that. Washing your face more than twice daily could actually strip your skin of all moisture and encourage the production of more oil.
4. Use natural face masks and clays to soothe your skin once a week - Natural clays and face masks made of ingredients like fullers earth, commonly known as multani mitti or sandalwood will soothe and cool your skin. It also removes excess oil and harmful bacteria from the skin.
5. Control what you eat - Diet plays a big part on how skin is affected as well. Consuming foods which are high in sugar and oil such as fried foods and fizzy drinks will definitely contribute to more oil on your skin. Replacing them with fruits and vegetables like apricots, mangoes, lettuce, kale, carrots and sweet potatoes will reduce the oiliness of your skin.
6. Make up also plays a major role - The type of foundation or make up you use can also contribute to how much oil you have on your skin. While choosing make up try and avoid heavy foundation and choose water based liquid make up instead of oil based ones.