Folliculitis is a specialised type of acne, which is manifested with red rashes, dryness of the skin and inflammation on hair scalp. This is a common skin issue and can be treated very well with natural medicines. Ayurveda is one natural form of medicine, which is best used to treat such skin problems. The ingredients used in Ayurveda are all very natural, organic and fresh. This means that there are hardly any side effects in this form of treatment. If you want to cure your folliculitis, with naturally occurring home remedies, then Ayurveda is the line of treatment that can be chosen. Here are some tips to help you in recovering from this skin problem.
- Coconut Oil: Research shows that daily use of virgin coconut oil on the infected area can reduce irritation and inflammation. This needs to be applied once daily for better results. Coconut oil contains fats, which are not only good for consumption in the dishes, but also good for the skin. These fatty acids are absorbed by the skin and help in a speedy recovery.
- Neem: The extensive anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of neem leaves are very well known all over the world. Fresh neem leaves can be made into a paste and directly applied over the infected area. Apart from providing a soothing sensation, it also removes all the dirt from the infected area, thereby cleaning it and giving it time to heal faster.
- Vinegar: Vinegar has a unique property of reducing rashes and redness that develops on the skin. For instance, apple cider vinegar can be mixed with two parts of water and directly applied to the infected area for about 10 minutes.
- Garlic: Eating garlic clove or garlic supplements every day helps in reducing inflammation. It is said that garlic contains sulphur and other supplements, which help in reducing the inflammation that folliculitis causes. Once the inflammation is reduced, the pain subsides to quite an extent. With less discomfort in the affected region, the infection heals faster.
- Aloe Vera: The juice of aloe vera, when applied onto the infected area, causes the burning sensation and itching to soothe. This soothing property of aloe vera makes it an important remedy. Once the skin is cool and clean, the infection heals faster.
These are some of the naturally occurring remedies to cure folliculitis faster and to provide immediate relief to those suffering from it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!