Anti-ageing is the process that stops, slows down or retards the ageing process. Our bodies are all the time making new cells since the time we are born. This cell growth continues during infancy, childhood and early adulthood. It is believed that as we grow older, skin generation slows down and it reflects in our appearance. Our skin becomes dull and sags down. This is called ageing. There are two theories about the reason for ageing. As per the damage concept, the accumulation of damage may cause ageing. Ageing may also be caused by internal processes like DNA methylation.
According to Gottschilling, Dillin and Nystrom, ageing is one of the most important risk factors in many human diseases. Of the 1,50, 000 people who die daily, more than two-thirds die because of ageing related factors.
Top Anti-Ageing treatments
Please consult your dermatologist before you opt for one of the following treatments.
- CO2 Fractional Laser Therapy: This treatment is a combination of the traditional CO2 laser therapy with the latest laser applications. Our skin has a protein called collagen. This protein is an important substance in the connecting tissue which is responsible for making our skin tight and wrinkle-free. The natural ageing process along with long exposure to sun and pollution causes damage to this collagen which leads to the development of wrinkles etc. The Fractional Laser Therapy sends small beams of energy into your skin and puts the production of collagen into fast forward. The main benefit of this therapy is that skin regeneration is faster and there are fewer side effects in minimal recovery time.
- Wrinkle-Free Injections: This treatment uses fillers that are injected into the skin to make it look more youthful and natural. This process is also called volumizing. Studies conducted by the University of Michigan have indicated that some of the fillers (based on hyaluronic acid) not only boost up the collagen production but also reduce their breakdown. The main benefit of this treatment is that you do not have to undergo surgery or painful laser treatment.
- Antioxidants: These are substances that fight ageing by destroying free radicals in the skin. Free radicals are unstable molecules and come about because of long exposure to the sun and pollution and cause damage to our collagen.
- Peptides: These are molecules that trigger the production of collagen. Studies on some peptides have shown that they prevent the facial muscles from developing wrinkles.
- Vitamin A: Derivatives of Vitamin A, the retinoids, have been proven to be great anti- ageing products. In a study conducted on a group whose average age was 87, retinoids demonstrated a perceptible improvement in skin appearance.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!