5 Best Home Remedies To Treat Burn Injuries!
Written and reviewed by
Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurvedic Doctor, Jammu
Burn injuries are common to people working with hot metals, flames or in the kitchen. Even minor burns can be extremely painful and medication may not always be available. Home remedies can be an effective way of dealing with such minor burns immediately. Here is a look at the best home remedies for burns.
- Ginger: If you sustain a burn at home, go to your kitchen and grab a ginger. Cut off its end and rub the exposed surface on the burn area slowly. Ginger is very effective against burns and can be even more beneficial than aloe plants.
- Tea bags:Soak a tea bag and then apply it on the affected area. Before you apply the tea bag, make sure that the affected region is clean.
- Cold milk:If you burn your mouth when your tongue comes in contact with very hot food, the first instinct is to gulp down a glass of chilled water. However, you would be better off if you drink a glass of cold milk at such a juncture. The protein in the milk forms a layer over the burn region, thus alleviating some of the pain and providing relief.
- Salt water compress:When you experience a burn or any minor skin wound, a salt water compress can help. To make such a compress, add two tablespoons of salt to one tablespoon of water. Transfer this thick paste into a clean piece of cloth. Apply this cloth over the burn or wound for an hour or so.
- Baking soda baths:Mix baking soda in a tub of warm water. Now immerse the burnt region inside this water and rest for a few minutes. This solution is very effective against burns on the skin.
Seek advice from an ayurvedic expert before you proceed with any of the treatments.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!
3250 people found this helpful