Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand picked for you!
Asprin is a medicine which is used as a pain reliever. An overdose of aspirin means you have too much aspirin in your body. If a person accidentally or intentionally consumes large dose of aspirin at one time, it is called an acute overdose. If the normal daily dose of aspirin, builds up in the body over time and causes symptoms, it is called a chronic overdose. This may happen if your kidneys do not work correctly or when you are dehydrated. The symptoms are ringing in the ears, rapid breathing, vomiting, dehydration, fever, double vision and feeling faint.
HOW IS ASPIRIN OVERDOSE DIAGNOSED?
If a case of aspirin overdose is suspected, one must visit the ER department of the nearest hospital immediately.
HOW IS ASPIRIN OVERDOSE TREATED?
The general physician may start by placing an oxygen mask on the patient’s face in case the patient has fallen unconscious due to the overdose. Dehydration will also be taken care of even as pumping out of the stomach’s contents with gastric lavage will take place. A laxative may also be prescribed.
DID YOU KNOW?
Aspirin poisoning is mostly accidental and is the most common case of poisoning in children.