Crocin 650 MG Tablet, classified as a mild analgesic, is used to treat fever and is the most commonly used pain reliever. It is used to relieve pain in case of a backache, a headache, arthritis and a toothache. It reduces pain in the body caused due to fever. It is often given to patients who suffer from cancer or have undergone surgery, to help them cope up with the pain. Crocin 650 MG Tablet is normally administered orally or rectally, it is also available for intravenous administration.
Crocin 650 MG Tablet does not have any serious side effects. It is safe to use this medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding. However, in rare cases skin rashes may occur accompanied by nausea, stomach pain, and loss of appetite. You should stop using Crocin 650 MG Tablet if you experience an allergic reaction to it or notice any other serious symptoms like dark urine, clay-colored stools or jaundice. Overdosing may result in liver failure.
You should not take Crocin 650 MG Tablet if ?
There are several drugs that may interact with Crocin 650 MG Tablet. Inform your doctor about all the other medications that you take including vitamins, minerals, prescribed drugs, over the counter drugs and herbal products. For adults Crocin 650 MG Tablet the general dose for fever and pain is 325-650 mg tablets once in every 4 to 6 hours or 1000mg tablets once in every 6 to 8 hours. It is advised to be guided by the doctor?s prescription and never to exceed the prescribed dosage.
The abrupt change of temperature is the major culprit causing and precipitating asthma and allergic rhinitis. Try your best to avoid exposure to the extreme and sudden variation of temperature while bathing, eating, drinking and sleeping, use nothing too hot in cold weather and nothing too chilled in hot weather. Variation of more than 20 degrees centigrade of temperature causes immunological injury to life force and causes over-sensitisation of the living being. Hence body overreacts to allergens and results in allergic diseases like sneezing and running nose asthma etc.
2. Restrict diet
Avoid (if possible) or at least minimise eating rice, banana and colocasia roots (arvi) during severe sneezing, difficulty in breathing, severe coughing and running nose (arvi). Also, avoid specific edibles which make you worse.
3. Regular exercise
Maintain regular symptom limited exercise (as per age of patient). Walk for 45 minutes or more daily.
4. Anti-inflammatory drugs
Avoid all pain killer and fever pills such as salicylic acid (aspirin-disprin), paracetamol (crocin), nemuselide (nemulid, nice), ibuprofen (brufen, combiflam etc.) except for high grade fever. All such type of medicines cause bronchospasm (constriction of air passage) and lead to asthma.
5. Don't overreact
Slight running nose and sneezing in asthmatic patients ameliorate their difficulty in breathing. Do not suppress minor sneezing and running nose unnecessarily with anti allergic medicines.
6. No to perfumes
Avoid all sorts perfume scented items such as deodorants, toothpaste, soaps, shampoo, oils etc.
7. Dust mites
Beware of house dust mites and storage mites hidden in quilts, carpets, mattresses, pillows, storage of bed, almirah, old forgotten books and clothes. House dust is the most common cause to precipitate allergic symptoms because the majority of the human population has developed antibodies against antigens derived from dead and live house and storage dust mites. Use all washable beddings instead of heavy mattresses, washable bed linen and quilts.
Healing benefits of saffron
The benefits and medicinal properties of this highly priced spice, make it a valuable culinary ingredient worldwide. Modern research suggests that saffron can be used as an aphrodisiac, diaphoretic [to cause sweating], carminative [ to prevent gas] and to bring on mensuration. Some other benefits are mentioned hereunder:
1. Protects against cancer: saffron contains a dark orange, water soluble carotene called crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron's golden color. Crocin has been found to trigger apoptosis [ programmed cell death] in a number of different types of human cancer cells, leukemia, ovarian carcinoma, colon adenocarcinoma, and soft tissue sarcoma. Researchers in mexico who have been studying saffron extract have discovered that saffron and its active components display an ability to inhibit human malignant cells. Not only does the spice inhibit cells that have become cancerous, but it has no such effect on normal cells and actually stimulates their formation and that of lymphocytes [immune cells that help destroy cancer cells].
2. Promotes learning and memory retention: recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, specifically its crocin, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment. In japan, saffron is encapsulated and used in the treatment of parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
3. In delayed puberty: in under developed girls, saffron has an overall stimulant effect. A pinch of saffron crushed in a table spoon of milk is useful to stimulate hormones and bring about desired effect.
4. To increase vitality: in low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk at bed time.
6. Protection against cold: saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
7. Food additives: saffron is an excellent replacement for synthetic food additives- for eg: instead of fd and c yellow no 5: a synthetic food coloring agent that is a very common allergy trigger, saffron’s glorious yellow could be an acceptable hypoallergenic choice.
With these benefits known to us, this culinary treasure has to be used and especially in the winter months. Here are some serving ideas:
1. For a wonderful marinade for fish, add saffron threads, garlic and thyme to vinegar.
2. Use saffron to give cakes, pastries and cookies a buttery golden hue and a rich aroma.
3. Cook biryanis with saffron combined with cloves, cinnamon, indian bay leaves and nutmeg for a memorable treat.
4. Crush a tiny piece of saffron into a glass of champagne or sparkling apple cider and turn the drink into a golden elixir.
5. Coffee spiced with saffron and cardamom is a soothing and heart healthy drink.
6. Add saffron and cinnamon to whole milk or yogurt and honey for a simple version of the famous indian yogurt drink, lassi.
Saffron as a spice, is generally regarded as safe, however it is not recommended during pregnancy and nursing. It also must also be pointed that large doses i. E. More than 1 or 2 table spoons can be toxic, although saffron poisoning is very rare.
Hello, I am Dr Anup Sabharwal, an ENT specialist, practicing in South Delhi. And I am currently associated with BLK hospital for surgeries. I am here to discuss some common ENT problems.
All children do have frequent coughs and colds which can lead to various diseases for which you need some cough drops and some anti allergics. Common problems associated with chest cough and colds are ear infection which happens after the cough and cold mostly in this rainy season and it travels in school. In school one kid gets a cold, the whole School almost start getting infection and after that is ear infection. We see some child have pus coming from the ear and it is treated with a group of antibiotics so that infection settles quickly.
The Other common thing we just feel is ear wax. Ear wax is natural. It keeps forming, keeps shedding. Mostly the problem of ear wax comes when you try to clean the ears. When you clean the children's ears, it just pushes the wax in and probably getting more air bags and ear infection. It is easier to use some wax drops off and on so that the wax keeps coming out of the ear. If your child has some ear problem then the best way is to see an ENT doctor.
Cutting sore throat is an another thing that children complain about. First line of treatment is just salt water gargle and using some pain killer like crocin. Every sore throat does not need an antibiotic and does not need very aggressive treatment. If your child has severe fever and sore throat so definitely it has to be treated right away.
Another major problem that we have seen in child (diagnosed or not diagnosed), is hypertrophy in children which can cause nose, ear and tonsils problem. Treatment is again that treat the infections. It is a simple procedure and from child's perspective and parent's perspective, anaesthesia gives relief right away for any kind of pain or discomfort. The effect is instantaneous and long lasting because the Androids do development of the face and ear and thus lifelong.
If you want to consult me you can get an appointment through lybrate and you can also ask for a video through lybrate.
As per a study conducted by the Copenhagen University Hospital, it was revealed that consuming paracetamol during pregnancy can be detrimental for your baby, as it can weaken the development of the reproductive system of female offspring. The research was published in Endocrine Connections journal.
Although, paracetamol is an over-the-counter treatment for pain relief that is commonly taken by pregnant women worldwide. The study was conducted on three individual rodents and the results indicated that the rodents, who were given paracetamol during pregnancy at doses equivalent to those that of a pregnant woman may take for pain relief, produced female offspring with fewer eggs.
Further, Dr. Kristensen said, "Although this may not be a severe impairment to fertility, it is still of real concern since data from three different labs all independently found that paracetamol may disrupt female reproductive development in this way, which indicates further investigation is needed to establish how this affects human fertility."