Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet
Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet is a type of a steroid effectively treats a number of conditions, for instance autoimmune diseases like sarcoidosis and autoimmune hepatitis, joint as well as muscle conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, asthma and some allergies.
A few cancers are also treated with Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet. This medicine is a part of a class of drugs called corticosteroids (steroids). The drug restricts the release of some chemicals in the body that result in inflammation, thus controlling or treating the above mentioned health conditions.
A few precautions need to be taken before starting a course of this drug. Make sure that you inform your doctor about your medical history, including details about allergies and any health problems that you have. Make sure to inform your doctor about any of the below mentioned health issues before starting Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet, if you are or have:
- Heart attack before or are suffering from a heart problem
- Experiencing liver problems
- Suffering from diabetes or glaucoma
- Expecting or nursing a baby. Although Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet is safe for pregnant women or nursing mothers, it is important that your doctor knows about it.
- Taken any vaccinations recently
When it comes to side effects, the drug can cause excessive urination, gastric problems, confusion, disturbances in the central as well as the nervous system and increases thirst. In most cases the side effects disappear with time. In case they continue to persist it is best that you seek medical advice. If you also experience other side effects after taking the drug, it is advisable to get in touch with your doctor.
The dosage should be taken as per instructions given in the prescription. In case of adults, half to 3 tablets may be prescribed for daily intake. Children are prescribed lower doses and make be advised to take the drug on alternate days.
Side effects that might occur after the consumption of this medicine include
Frequent Urge To Urinate
Abnormal Hair Growth
How long is the duration of effect?The effect of this medicine will last for a duration of 4 to 8 hours and gets excreted from the body through urine and faeces.
What is the onset of action?The peak effect of this medicine can be observed in 1.5 to 2 hours after oral dose.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?This medicine is not recommended for pregnant women.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendency has been reported.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?This medicine is not recommended for breastfeeding women.
Is It safe with alcohol?It is unsafe to consume alcohol while taking this medicine.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?This medicine usually does not affect the patients ability to drive.
Does this affect kidney function?This medicine is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Adjustment of dose might not be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking it.
Does this affect liver function?Caution should be taken while using this medicine in patients with liver disease. Adjustment of dose might be needed. Kindly consult the doctor before taking it.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Missed Dose instructionsThe missed dose should be taken as soon possible. It is advisable to skip the missed dose if it's already time for your next scheduled dose.
Overdose instructionsSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of overdose.
Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet belongs to glucocorticoids. It works by acting on glucocorticoid receptor and inhibits the chemical substances that cause inflammation and allergic reaction
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with Medicine
- Carbamazepine: The desired effect of Deflazacort will not be achieved if these medicines are taken together. An alternate medicine or suitable dose adjustments are to be made based on the clinical condition.
- Ketoconazole: The concentration of Deflazacort will increase if taken with Ketoconazole. Monitoring of undesired effects is necessary. An alternate medicine or suitable dose adjustments are to be made based on the clinical condition.
- Antidiabetic medicines: The desired effect of anti-diabetic agents will not be achieved if taken with Deflazacort. Frequent monitoring of blood glucose levels is necessary. An alternate medicine or suitable dose adjustments are to be made based on the clinical condition.
- Rifampin: The desired effect of Deflazacort will not be achieved if these medicines are taken together. An alternate medicine or suitable dose adjustments are to be made based on the clinical condition.
Interaction with Disease
Ques: What is Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet?
Ques: What are the uses of the Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet?
Ques: How long do I need to use Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet before I see improvement in my condition?
Ques: At what frequency do I need to use Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet?
Ques: Should I use Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet empty stomach, before food or after food?
Ques: What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet?
Ques: How long does Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet take to work?
Ques: What if I don't get better after using Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet?
Ques: Is Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet a habit forming?
Ques: Is Cortijesik 6 MG Tablet a painkiller?
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.