Female hair loss is a serious concern that can hamper the self-confidence of a woman greatly. Hair loss is generally a more prominent problem in men but women can experience it too. There can be several reasons for female hair loss. There could be some nutrient deficiency or there could be an underlying health condition. The symptoms are prominent loss of hair and patches on the scalp.
HOW IS FEMALE HAIR LOSS DIAGNOSED?
Medical diagnosis is the only means of diagnosing hair loss. Any Kind of tests is not required
HOW IS FEMALE HAIR LOSS TREATED?
The treatment is based on the cause of the condition which is suggested only after the diagnosis by the doctor. Treatments for hair loss include medications, surgery, laser therapy, and wigs or hairpieces.
DID YOU KNOW?
The prevention of female hair loss can be done by following the various tips:
• Eat a nutritionally balanced diet.
• Avoid tight hairstyles, such as braids, buns or ponytails.
• Avoid compulsively twisting, rubbing or pulling your hair.
• Treat your hair gently when washing and brushing. A wide-toothed comb may help prevent pulling out hair.
• Avoid harsh treatments such as hot rollers, curling irons, hot oil treatments and permanents.
Hair loss is fairly common in all human beings. When the hairloss exceeds 100-150 strands regularly, it is considered to be a hairfall problem. Hair loss is often reversible with proper medical treatment. Lack of proper diagnosis and improper medication can however aggravate hair fall. The medical term for excessive hair loss is alopecia.
Androgenic alopecia or Female Pattern Baldness causes thinning of the hair on all portions of the scalp. Mainly genetic in nature, androgenic alopecia may be caused by the following hormonal factors:
• Predominance of androgens or male hormones in the female body
• Hormonal fluctuation as in the case of PCOS, pregnancy and menopause
• Intake of oral contraceptive pills
• Presence of the DHT which causes a shrinkage of hair follicles
Other conditions of hair fall include:
• Anagen Effluvium: Resulting from a trauma to the metabolism of hair follicles as caused by chemotherapy, anagen effluvium may cause the patient to lose up to ninety percent of their hair.
• Alopecia Areata: An autoimmune disorder which destroys the hair generating system of the body, this condition causes round or oval bald patches on the head.
•Telogen Effluvium: A chronic condition developed after a traumatic incident like childbirth, malnutrition, high stress or major surgery, telogen effluvium results in severe hairloss. A patient may lose hair in handfuls at its most advanced stage.
•Traction alopecia: This condition develops because of continuous pressure at the hair roots as caused by tight hairstyles like braids, cornrows, tight ponytails and hair extensions.
A few reasons for hairfall are:
• Genetic reasons.
• Iron deficiency anaemia.
• Unhealthy scalp caused by psoriasis, dandruff, and/or fungal infections like ringworm.
• Excessive hair styling.
Hair loss cannot be prevented. Adopt these simple home remedies for hair growth to minimize hairfall and boost your hair health:
• Include beetroots and multi mineral and vitamin supplements in your diet.
• Massage your head with almond, coconut, jojoba or olive oil at least an hour before shampoo.
• Drink aloe vera juice regularly and apply aloe vera gel to the scalp every night.
• Massage your scalp with a mixture of 10 drops of rosemary extract and 5 drops of nettle extract, every day.
• Apply arnica cream to the scalp or wash your hair with arnica tincture diluted with warm water.
• Apply the solution of one tablespoon of amla juice in one tablespoon lemon juice to our scalp. Leave overnight and wash off the next day.
• Make a paste of soaked fenugreek seeds and apply it to your head 40 minutes before shampoo.
• Apply onion juice on your head or mix it either with aloe vera gel or olive oil an hour before shampoo.
• Grind licorice roots and make a paste with a cup of milk and a pinch of saffron. Leave it on your head over night.
• Add 10 chinese hibiscus flowers to coconut oil and boil it. Massage this oil onto your scalp before shampoo.
• Massage your hair with coconut milk.
• Eat a teaspoonful of flaxseeds regularly.
Seek immediate medical help to stop hairfall. Send your queries on alopecia, reasons for hairfall etc. directly to the top dermatologists in the city. Lybrate offers a singular platform where patients and doctors can interact with ease. You can talk directly to the best doctors and even book a consultation appointment directly. Search for the best dermatologists in Mohali, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Noida etc. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for more information on hairfall reasons, how to stop hairfall, home remedies for hairfall etc.
Consult top doctors for Female Hair Loss online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Abbigere, Adugodi, Amrutha Halli, Anekal, Anekal Sarjapur Road, Anjanapura and in any other locality in Bangalore for Female Hair Loss.