Acne or pimple is a common skin problem which results when the skin pores are blocked because of oil and dead skin cells. The intensity of acne can vary from person to person and can be severe or mild. Severe acne refers to the back, neck, chest and face being covered with hundreds of pimples while mild acne refers to a condition where a couple of pimples appear. Typical symptoms of acne are pimples and blackheads and whiteheads too are considered as symptoms of acne. Cystic lesions – big, deep and painful pimple – are also symptom of acne.
HOW IS ACNE/PIMPLES DIAGNOSED?
Symptoms can be diagnosed by Dermatologists by • Examining areas producing acne • Laser beams
HOW IS ACNE/PIMPLES TREATED?
The most effective treatment of acne and pimples lies in making use of a good diet that eliminates excessively fatty, fried and processed food, as well as plenty of water, exercise and rest. Also, you may be given an anti acne cream. Hygiene is also paramount in preventing and treating this condition.
DID YOU KNOW?
Acne affects three quarters of the population between the age group of 11 to 25.
Acne Vulgaris, better known as acne or pimples is a grave and embarrassing problems among teenagers. Acne generally starts showing up with the onset of puberty. This is because, with puberty the sebaceous glands get activated, thus promoting the growth of acne and pimples. Another reason for acne is the constant change in hormones that a teenage body experiences. The areas of the body that are most affected by acne are the face, chest and the back. There are different forms of acne and the problem can range from mild, moderate to very severe depending upon the type of skin the individual has and the lifestyle he/she leads.
Acne can range from zits (deep pimples filled with pus) to blackheads and whiteheads (skin pores clogged with dirt).
How to remove pimples and how to remove blackheads are significant questions that everyone suffering from this problem ask. Some natural home remedies for acne work wonders in getting rid of pimples. As these remedies are natural they have no side effects. Some of them are-
• Lemon juice- Apple cider vinegar is great for getting rid of pimples, because it contains citric acid. Similarly, lemon too has high citric acid content. In fact it is also rich in L-ascorbic acid which acts as an antioxidant and an astringent for pimples.
• Garlic- garlic works great for pimple removal. This is because garlic contains antiseptic as well as antibacterial properties. Garlic juice applied on the skin helps greatly, but garlic in the diet too should be a must.
• Egg whites- Known to be rich in protein and vitamins, egg whites tighten the skin and effectively draws oils and dirt out of the pores. Thus, application of egg whites on the face regularly for about 10 minutes, reduces inflammation and cleans the skin too.
• Honey- application on each pimple, or the use of honey as a face mask, considerably reduces the pimples on face. This is due to the fact that honey acts as an antiseptic and also features anti-inflammatory properties. 100% organic honey works best in this case. Honey also works great for blackhead removal, especially when mixed with a bit of cinnamon.
• Baking soda- Baking soda is a great face cleanser, which gets rid of acne in no time. It acts as a drying agent and removes the excess oil from the skin. This skin care home necessity also acts as an exfoliating agent, and thus it also helps with the removal of blackheads and whiteheads.
For moderate pimples, benzoyl peroxide has very good results. Creams containing Benzoyl peroxide are easily available in the market.
Lybrate is the perfect platform to connect with the top dermatologists and seek their advice on how to remove pimples. Lybrate offers you a chance to consult the top doctors all across India. Find top dermatologists and general physicians in Visakhapatnam, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai etc. Lybrate.com is the easiest way you can opt for online consultation. Subscribe to Lybrate.com and consult the doctor of your choice for effective solutions on how to get rid of pimples overnight.
Consult top doctors for Acne/Pimples online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Abbigere, Adugodi, Amrutha Halli, Anekal, Anekal Sarjapur Road, Anjanapura and in any other locality in Bangalore for Acne/Pimples.