Patient reviews for Doctors for Acidity in Trivandrum
Vivek K's review for Dr. Krishna Kumar
Doctor was able to identify and suggest the required procedures in Ayurveda treatment due to which I was able to stand straight... Read more reviews
Acidity occurs when there is excess secretion of digestive fluids and acids in the stomach. The imbalance in the acid secretion and mechanism of stomach lead to acidity. Dyspepsia and heartburn are some symptoms of acidity. It is caused due to excessive consumption of alcohol, spicy food, non veg diets and NSAID. It occurs after meals, after excess weight lifting or straining of muscles or at night while lying down.
HOW IS ACIDITY DIAGNOSED?
The symptoms of acidity are diagnosed by a thorough study of the patient’s medical history by the gastro enterologist. If initial acid suppressing medicines fail to work, an endoscopy of the upper Gastrointestinal tract is conducted or a Barium Meal study is done. In acute cases and in presence of ulcers, a biopsy too might be conducted.
HOW IS ACIDITY TREATED?
Acidity can be treated with antacids and other medications along with changes in eating and lifestyle habits. A new method called endostism also provides relief from acid reflux. In severe case surgical methods are adopted for reducing acid secretion like Vagatomy. Acidity can be treated with a lot of home remedies and may not require any surgery.
DID YOU KNOW?
Spicy foods, alcohol consumption, medicines like NSAID's and steroids are all some of the known triggers of acidity.
Acidity is a result of an imbalance in the body. The imbalance may occur between the acid present in the stomach and proximal intestine and the protective apparatus which ensures the healthy functioning of both. Acid is generally secreted by the stomach, to aid in digestion and the effective excretion of the waste out of the body. When the stomach secretes excess acid, it results in acidity and indigestion. Acidity causes are quite external and occur because
• Consumption of fatty diet
• Excessive stress
• Consumption of alcohol
• Excessive smoking
• No physical exercise
• Irregular pattern of eating
You are more likely to get acidity when you eat too much of spicy meat along with oily food. You may be sure to suffer from this condition if you are experiencing common acidity symptoms like dyspepsia and heartburn. Heartburn results in strong pain just behind the sternum, resulting in an uncomfortable burning sensation. It generally starts post meal, and can get quite bad especially during the night making it difficult to get sleep. You may also suffer from indigestion and slight nausea.
Acidity is a common problem that many individuals suffer from. It can be easily treated at home. Here are a few common home remedies for acidity that are highly effective and simple-
• Basil leaves- chewing some basil leaves the instant that you feel the symptoms of acidity appearing, will help soothe the heartburn, offering quick relief. Chew the leaves thoroughly before gulping them down. You can also boil the leaves and drink up the brew with a hint of honey in it.
• Buttermilk- buttermilk is easy to make and contains lactic acid, which neutralizes the acid in the stomach. Simply continue to sip some buttermilk throughout the day, until you get some kind of relief from acidity.
• Apple cider vinegar- you may wonder, how vinegar being acidic helps with the acid content in the stomach. Apple cider vinegar is an effective acidity treatment as it acts as an alkalizing agent. Just mix about two spoons of this liquid into water and consume it twice a day.
• Cloves- if the cause of your acidity is low acid in the stomach, you can chew on some cloves. The cloves increase the amount of hydrochloric acid in the stomach which is then dispelled in the form of gas from the body.
If the above home remedies for acidity do not work in your case, you can try antacids or histamine blocking agents for acidity treatment. Only in very severe cases, like constant hyperacidity may a surgery be performed.
Lybrate offers you an ideal chance to get in touch with the best gastroenterologists and seek their advice on acidity treatment. Through Lybrate you can consult the top doctors all across India. Find top gastroenterologists and general physicians in Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Noida, Panchkula etc. Lybrate.com also offers online guidance to your medical problems. Subscribe to Lybrate.com so you can consult the doctor of your choice and get effective solutions on acidity symptoms and hyperacidity.
Call doctors and view Acidity treatment cost in Akkulam, Ambalam Jn., Ambalamukku, Anayara, Arasumoodu, Attingal and in any other locality in Trivandrum. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Acidity.