Hair transplant is regarded as one of the most common cosmetic procedures, mostly undergone by male patients. We do not usually see females going for hair transplant but it does get performed on female patients as well. Female hair transplant could come to great help for females, who are facing the problem of alopecia or hair loss and cannot afford to bear the cost of hair restoration surgery.
Especially in India, women tend to go for the option of hair transplant due to two reasons:
- Lower cost of surgery compared to other places.
- There is no waiting period for the treatment.
- The cost which one needs to incur for hair replacement surgery in India is only a fraction of the price charged for performing the same procedure in The United States of Great Britain. Well trained, experienced doctors, good medical facilities and low cost of treatments have made India the most preferred medical destination for patients staying abroad.
Who Can Be A Good Candidate For Females Hair Transplant?
Women having typical diffuse females patterned hair loss are not the ideal candidates for hair transplant, as they do not have an adequate donor supply on the back and on the sides of the scalp or even anywhere else in their body.
Still, there are times when a significant improvement can be brought about in the appearance of female patients, through hair transplant. They include:
- Females Having Male Kind Of Hair Loss: There are females, for whom hair loss takes the form of how males lose their hair. In these cases, they lose hair on the front and at the top.
- Elevated Hairline From The Time Of Birth: Certain females can have elevated hairline right from the birth, giving them more of a masculine look. So, for them, it is ideal to go for hair transplant.
- Scarring Alopecia: Hair loss can happen in a scarred manner, which occurs due to trauma. In that case, hair transplant surgery can fill up the scar and completely eliminate its visibility.
- Hair Loss Due To Traction: A woman can suffer from hair loss due to traction or even due to pulling of the hair, as a part of styling procedure. Hair transplant can help restore hair in the area, till the time a patient can prevent it from exposing the hair to same condition.
Benefits of Female Hair Transplant
There are several benefits which should be good enough for women, who are suffering from hair loss, to go for hair transplant. The benefits include:
- Hair transplant being a painless, simple procedure, without inflicting any scar on the patient, it is recommended for those suffering hair loss due to several reasons.
- Looks are important for men but especially for women, they are extremely particular about the way they present themselves. So, hair transplant can help women get their looks back, which tend to suffer as a result of hair loss.
One of the major benefits is, once the hair follicle gets transplanted, it would continue to grow along with the hair and can be cut, styled in a similar manner, just like a woman would have done with her original hair.