I am Dt. Urvashi Goyani, Dietitian/Nutritionist. Today I will give you tips on increasing immunity. Now over a period of time, we have tremendous damage to our immunity. We are very casual in our health choices. However, we can leverage some of this burden and increase our immunity. What if we incorporate healthy habits, improvise our diet, make lifestyle changes, this will definitely will help us in increasing our immunity. So, what is basically immunity? It is our body's natural shield. Diseases are causing germs. They are around us almost every time. So, how can we protect and increase our immunity?
The first tip is:
1. Do not smoke. There can be no compromise on this issue. Smoking is the host of complications and real trouble to our immune system. Cut down on your puffs and gear up.
2. Eat a nutritious diet which includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low saturated fat. Eg citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, yogurt, almond, sipping up on green tea.
3. Drink plenty of water. It helps in flushing out the toxins. It also ensures that optimum oxygen is reaching your cells.
4. Have adequate sleep. While sleeping, our body releases a set of hormones which fight against infection and diseases. So, adequate sleep is a must.
5. Regular exercise. I will not say that you become a hardcore gym junky. But, moderate exercises and walk would go a long way.