Most of us get to know about sex from chatting with friends, sex education, and the internet or television. Despite plenty of information, there are quite a few myths associated with sex. To throw some light on the most prevalent and popular sex myths here is the truth about the top 10 sex myths:
- The size of a man’s feet mirrors that of his genitals: Many people think that it is possible to guess the size of a man’s penis by looking at his palms or feet. But the truth is that there is no evidence suggesting that men with bigger feet have bigger genitals.
- Men’s sex hormones peak at 18: Though it is true that men’s sex hormones peak at 18, it has no direct influence on one’s personal relationship. The desire for sex fluctuates constantly and it depends on many factors other than age.
- Sex aids in weight loss: Though it may sound feasible, in order to lose weight, you will have to have sex for an extended span of time and with much vigour. In reality, sex is considered to be a mild physical activity and any intense sexual activity lasts for just about 5 minutes.
- Men think of sex every 7 seconds: It is true that men think about sex more than women do. Younger men, however, think about sex a little more than older men. But that doesn’t mean that men think about sex as much as every 7 seconds and it is just an exaggeration.
- Semen is a low-carb edible: The reality is that semen mostly contains fruit sugar and essential enzymes. It is not a low-carb diet and therefore, oral sex is not suggested for those wanting to lose weight.
- Masturbation can lead to the most satisfying orgasm: Though this may be true for some people, most people say nothing can be more satisfying than having sex. It is entirely dependent on the individual and there is no hard and fast rule concerning it.
- Oysters make one crave sex: There is no food that can make you horny! Though some people get excited about having chocolates or other food, there is no scientific evidence that says oysters can boost sex drive.
- Cutting out broccoli from the diet can improve semen taste: The taste of semen is bitter naturally and eating anything bitter such as broccoli, sour gourd or even coffee can make the taste worse.
- Having sex before a crucial event can ruin the performance: Swiss researchers suggest that having sexual intercourse before an important event has no adverse effect on one’s performance provided the body gets enough time to recover.
- Having sex in water can kill sperm: There is no reason to think that having sex in a shower or swimming pool can spare you from using a condom.
With this new information about sex, you can make informed decisions about your pleasure from now on.